Tuesday, March 6, 2018

No Patience, Only Praise


O. T. 1164 " No Patience, Only Praise"
March7, 2018
Summary of Job

LET IT GLOW 

It is confession time. If you are looking for someone who exonerates patience, don't look at me. You have to look somewhere else, for I have no patience. There. I admitted it. Sorry to let you down. I'm just being real. Job wasn't so patient either if you think about it. He answered those 4 friends pretty stern like. So maybe I'm not walking alone on this path where impatience takes over as companion successfully leading the way. 

Take for instance, yesterday. Hubby and I went on an outing to get groceries. First, we stopped to eat lunch at our favorite pizza parlor. I was doing okay, with it only being 18 days after surgery. We continued to the grocery store as planned. Then it hit me down the cereal isle. Someone pulled my energy plug and I was walking on empty. I had to leave the store, leaving him to get bread and bananas, which was no problem. Boy, am I getting tired of being tired. How much longer, Jesus, til I am back running full force? I've had enough of this down time. I have waited long enough for healing. Help me Lord for this back pain and neck pain is too much to endure. Yep I sat in the car mumbling and grumbling and complaining. I was failing this test big time. Help me Jesus. Please forgive me. 

Well, grace and mercy came pouring from heaven again. Soon the pain subsided and I felt guilty. Some patient believer I am. Having studied about a man who was covered with boils, lost 10 children in a storm, his wealth taken away, endured critical friends. And I couldn't patiently wait for healing without.... Guilty. 

We made it home, then hubby helped put up the groceries. I am blessed ya'll and I know it and proclaim it. BLESSED to the max. Thank you Jesus for always picking me up when I fall down and fail on this country road of faith.

LET IT GROW

I must say, I do admire Job. He didn't kill his impatient wife nor his judgmental friends. He didn't kill himself either in order to stop his suffering. In that aspect , Job was patient. However, he wanted to talk with God to find out what was up with all the sufferings.

Before ending the long painful story of God's servant Job, shall  we take a few minutes and review some verses?  These stood out to me for life lessons:

Job 1:21-..the LORD gave and the LORD taketh away; blessed be the name of the LORD.
Job 2:10-What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all
                this did Job not sin with his lips.
Job 4:6-Is not this thy fear, thy confidence, thy hope, and the uprightness of thy ways?
Job 13:15-Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...
Job 19:25-For I know my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the
                 earth.
Job 36:5-Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: He is mighty in strength and wisdom.
Job 42:2-I know that Thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from
              Thee.

LET IT GO
Bless the name of the LORD.
Accept good and bad in my life.
Do not sin with my lips.
Be sure Jesus is my confidence and hope.
Trust in Jesus always.
Proclaim that my Redeemer lives and He is coming back.
Trust in Jesus in everything.
My God is mighty and despises no one.
God is mighty in strength and wisdom.
He can do everything.
God knows all thoughts.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment