Friday, September 7, 2012

Misplacing Things

602.  "Misplacing Things"       September 7, 2012
Summary of 2 Peter
Neverless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  2 Peter 3:13


LET IT GLOW

It seems that I am always loosing or misplacing things. When I can't find it, in asperation, I  ask Jesus to help me. After all, He knows everything and sees all. I'm so glad He does. I wonder if He chuckles at me. I pray,  "It's me again, Lord. I can't find such and such. Please help me."
What am I looking for? I know, that is not correct English.  For what am I looking? Is it the Second Return of Jesus? Is it our being raptured out of this hateful, sinful world? Am I looking for the turn in the road, my life's journey continuing in heaven?


What has God given to us believers in Jesus Christ?
  • precious faith in Jesus (1:1)
  • all things that pertain unto life and godliness (1:3)
  • exceeding great and precious promises (1:4)
  • the ability to be partakers in the divine nature, escaping the corruption in the world through lust (1:4)
  • eyewitnesses of Jesus' majesty (1:16)
  • a Light that shines in a dark place (1:19)
  • The Day Star in our hearts (1:19)
  • prophecy of Scripture, which is of no private interpretation (1:20)
  • His Word written by holy men of God, moved by the Holy Ghost (1:21)
  • deliverance out of temptations that is available (2:9)
  • description of  false teachers so we can recognize them
  • His patience in sending Jesus the second time so others will have salvation (3:9)
  • a promise of a new heaven and a new earth (3:13)
Those are the ones I found in this little letter. Which promise do you treasure today?

LET IT GROW

What are we to be or have?
  • diligence
  • faith
  • virtue (moral excellence)
  • knowledge
  • temperance (patience)\
  • godliness
  • brotherly kindness
  • charity (love)
  • not barren and unfruitful
  • make our calling and election sure
  • not blind nor near sighted, remember we're purged from our old sins
  • not to follow cunningly devised fables
  • witnesses of Jesus majesty
  • heed the prophecy in God's Word
  • beware of false teachers/prophets denying the Lord Jesus as Savior
  • living in holiness and godliness
  • looking for a new heaven and a new earth
  • grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus
Now, the question is, "Am I doing these?"

LET IT GO

Don't get too attached to the things in this world. Stay focused on Jesus and His heaven.

Keep Him as my Day Star and the Light of my life.

Thank Him for all His provisions and plans.

Be alert to false teachers and false doctrines.

Continue to grow in faith and obedience in Jesus.

Share His love today.

Give Jesus first place in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment