Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Need a Defense Attorney

606.  "I Need a Defense Attorney"         September 13, 2012
1 John 2-Part 1    (Verses 1-8)
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6

LET IT GLOW

I have only served on a jury once. The young man was in a car with two others, where a gun and illegal drugs were hid under the seat. The big deal about this is that the guy was on parole, and was not supposed to be in possess of a gun and drugs. In the court proceedings, there was a prosecutor who accused the young man of violating his parole and breaking the law. Of course, he had a lawyer to defend him before the judge and jury.

I realize that every day I break God's laws. I am guilty of sin, breaking fellowship with the Father. Satan is acting as prosecutor, accusing me before the Judge, God my Father, bringing up my sins, laws I broke. The good news is that I have a defense attorney, Jesus, who intercedes for me.
Because Jesus took my place in paying for my sins, I don't have to pay for them. There is no fine or payment due. It is marked paid in full. I am set free, no longer guilty. I am thankful for God's mercy.

So the good news is,, when I sin, I have Jesus as my:
  • advocate, which refers to one who pleads anther's cause with one, an intercessor; so of Christ, inl His exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins: (a type of defense attorney);
  • propitiation for my sins, which means appeasing (satisfy).
Jesus met the requirements for sin that the Father established, which is a perfect blood sacrifice. The Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, willingly laid down His life for us so we would not have to pay for our sins. Isn't that something to shout about?

LET IT GROW

Whether I am walking in Light, Jesus, or if I am walking in sin, I can walk with the Advocate and walk under the Commandment. (My feet are tired already from all that walking.)

According to Liberty Bible Commentary, verse 3 is saying, "In this way we know that we really know Him," or, "By this we may be sure that we know Him."  "Everyone who trully knows christ keeps His commandment; a certain person does not keep HIs commandments-conclusion? he is a liar!"

Falwell explains that keeping His commandments is living according to His moral standards, means not only that we have ture knowledge of HIm but also that Love of God is perfected in him. He is a true Christian.

What is John telling me to do?
*Keep God's commandments, His Word. I must read it daily so I can know what it says.
*Let God's love be perfected in me. Show the  love of God, even to the the unlovely.
*When I say that I abide in Jesus, prove it. If I am going to talk the talk, then I must walk the walk,
   like Jesus did. If I am going to talk of Christianity, then I must live it, even to the extinct of
   forgiving others.

LET IT GO

Strive to keep God's Word.

Confess my sins to my Advocate, Jesus.

Let God's love be seen in my life and show love to others.

Talk Christian, walk Christian.










                          

    No comments:

    Post a Comment