Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Books

Hebrews-Part 3
For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.  Hebrews 3:14 NLT


LET IT GLOW

I remember the excitement of getting a new book to read from the library when I was in elementary school. My class would go only once a week, so it was a treat. I couldn't wait to get home and begin reading it, especially if my book  was a mystery. That excitement still carries over into my adult life. I enjoy beginning new projects and a new Bible study. There's a freshness about something new. Maybe it's just my attitude. Well, I know the Bible has been around  a few thousand years, but I haven't. So when I read that key verse, I realized that my excitement in my Christian walk should be fresh like the first day after I was saved. I must stay faithful to Christ and keep on trusting Him as long as I live. Why? Well, it isn't just for the benefits and blessings in this life, but for those in the here after.

Could I be more faithful and more trusting toward God?
 


LET IT GROW

Throughout the passages of the book of Hebrews, we find warnings, with exhortations, and illustrations used within them. they are a type of danger sign for us. Here is what I found. We will discuss each warning seperately.

The writter of Hebrews gives us six warnings, according to MacArthur Bible Commentary:
  1. the warning against drifting from "the things we have heard" (Heb. 2:1-4)
  2. the warning against disbelieving the "voice" of God (Heb. 3:7-14)
  3. the warning against degenerating from "the elementary principles of Christ" (Heb. 5:11-6:20)
  4. warning against despising "the knowledge of the truth" (Heb. 10:26-39)
  5. warning agaomst devaluing "the grace of God" (Heb. 12:15-17)
  6. warning against departing from Him "who speaks" (Heb. 12:25-29)

The first warning told us not to neglect Christ's message of salvation.
The second warning reminds us to not doubt God's promise. He is cautioning us about unbelief and missing God's rest.

 How am I to apply this to my life?
*by hearing His voice (verse 7)
*by not hardening my heart (verse 8)
*by not testing God and trying His patience (verse 9)
*by not doing evil (verse 12)
*by not having an unbelieving heart (verse 12)
*by not turning away from the living God (verse 12).

Then, we are told in verse 13, to encourage each other in the truths that will strengthen their faith in Christ. How often are we to do this? We are to do it daily.


LET IT GO

Stay faithful to Christ and His Word.

Grow my faith.

Trust Him more.

Encourage lots of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment