Friday, April 12, 2019

When We Are Put In Our Place

O. T.#1422  "When We Are Put In Our Place"
April 12, 2019
Summary of Psalms
Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Psalm 86:1

LET IT GLOW

I don't know about you, friend, but I have the tendency to be prideful. Yep, little me. Humility has to be worked on here, since it does not come naturally. Don't we all like to be lifted up above where we are, feel more important than we actually are? Like a pin sticking a balloon full of air, in a second words can put us in our place. But in the spiritual realm, it is to the humble that God gives amazing grace. David seemed to have been put in a humble position in this chapter.

In chapter 86, David pictures God leaning over to bow down His ear in verse 1. This image captures the humble position of David and the high position of God, and shows the attentiveness of the Almighty to the cries of His people. (David Jeremiah)

This, too, puts us in our place-under God's authority. When we are put in our place, we realize that we are only mere sinful humans and God is our Creator and in charge of everything.

Here are some verses from New Living Translation:
For You are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God. (Psalm 86:10)

Our God is alive and able to do mighty deeds for those who love Him. All human-created deities are powerless because they are merely inventions of the mind, not living beings. (Life Application Study Bible)

But You, O LORD, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. (verse 15)

We cannot contain nor measure God's love, compassion, mercy, and faithfulness; no box or building can contain it all; not even our earth nor universe. Isn't that reassuring because God loves you and me that much! I always need to be reminded of this.
Now that would be a verse to write on an index card and put on my desk to remind me that I am in need of God in my life. 

LET IT GROW

Teach me Your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to Your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor You. (verse 11)

If we are saved, then God has delivered us from the lowest hell, according to verse 13. That alone is reason to live for Him with a pure heart.

LET IT GO

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, for Your mercies are new every morning.
Thank You for saving me, a sinner in need of a Savior, Jesus Christ!
Purify my heart and help me live by Your Truth, for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment