Thursday, April 4, 2019

Help Found Here

O. T. #1415  "Help Found Here"
April 4, 2019
Summary of Psalms

LET IT GLOW

Can you believe we have finally finished the book of Psalm? It has taken us a few days over a year to get through it. Thank you for sticking with us. All sorts of situations have been described in this book. so we can find help here.
We have been in the dry desert with David while his life was pursued by King Saul and his army; the prayers of dedication with Solomon; troubles, rejoicings, and thanksgivings; all sorts of feelings and circumstances; Psalms of the Ascent to the Temple sung by the Jews; praises and worship of the One and Only God.
When we have a certain need, we can find hope, encouragement, peace, and wisdom in the pages of this book. I wonder if it is read more than any other book in the Bible. Hard to find out, I suppose. Aren't we thankful that God kept it for us as it meets our variety of needs, just in time. And if it wasn't a passage for us, we probably encountered a person to whom it could help.

So today is summary day. I hope you highlighted verses that meant a lot to you as we went along this journey of the Psalms. since there are 150 chapters, I will try to hold my favorites down to a minimum. Right.

  • All of chapter 1 shows us true happiness is found in the Lord, and directs us to delight in the law and meditate upon it. (My children memorized it when they were teens.)
  • But Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. (3:3)
  • But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for Himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto Him. (4:3)
  • O LORD my God, in Thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me.  (7:1)
  •  O LORD our Lord, how excellent is Thy name in all the earth! Who hast set Thy glory above the heavens.  (8:1)
  • I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand. I shall not be moved. (16:8)
When our head is down, turn to Jesus. Call upon Him. Trust Him. He is always with me, even at my right hand.

LET IT GROW

Who couldn't use a little extra joy and pleasures in their life today? Find out how to obtain it here.

Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. (16:11)

In God's presence is fullness of joy. So, let us come into His presence with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. Ask for Him to show us the right path of life, and then walk on it. We will find pleasures forever.

Life Application Study Bible says:
In a way, the book of Psalms parallels our spiritual journey through life. I begins by presenting us with two roads-the way to life and the way to death. If we choose God's way to life, we still face both blessings and troubles, joy and grief, successes, and obstacles. Through it all, God is at our side, guiding, encouraging, comforting, and caring. As the wise and faithful person's life draws to an end, it becomes clear that God's road is the right road. Knowing this will cause us to praise God for leading us in the right direction and for assuring our place in the perfect world God has in store for those who have faithfully followed Him.

LET IT GO
                               ... and follow Jesus on the path He has for our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment