Monday, April 15, 2019

Time is Flying

O. T. #1423  "Time is Flying"
April 15, 2019
Summary of Psalms

LET IT GLOW

Previously, we read verses dealing with finding happiness and our place in this world, and when we are put in our place. Many have come to the conclusion, as well as myself, that God puts us where He wants us to fulfill His purpose in this world. Now, we can choose to live selfishly for our self or live for others and God.
I said just this last week that it is true, the older we get the faster time flies. As children and teachers, we could not wait for summer to come. Now summer flies by, too.
Life. We don't want to be like Solomon and declare it is all vanity, empty.
So please stick with me folks. I know there are several verses to read, but as they say, there is a method to my madness. (A reason for it)

Remember how short my life is, how empty and futile this human existence! (Ps. 89:47 NLT)

For a thousand years in Thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. (90:4 NLT)

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (90:12)

And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish Thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish Thou it. (90:17)

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (91:1)

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God: in Him will I trust. (91:2)

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: This truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (91:4)

There shall no evil, befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. (91:10)

He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation. (91:15-16)


We are here in this appointed time with only a few years. What are we going to accomplish while here? What is our legacy for our family? Is it faith in Jesus, surrendering and serving Him? Or is it to accumulate things so we can live comfortable in a big house on the hill?


LET IT GROW

So what do we do while we are living this short time here as we prepare for eternity?
Skip to chapter 95 for the answer:

O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For He is our God; and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. Today, if ye will hear His voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.  (verses 6-8)

Let us come, and worship the One who has created, redeemed, and made us the people of His pasture.

My neighbor lady raises sheep. Last week, in her yard, I saw 2 lambs. They are so cute, just walking around like a pet puppy, without a care in the world. Shall we "ba" to our Good Shepherd when we are in need and in temptation?
Jesus was taken as a sheep to the slaughter when He went to the cross. He was innocent of the accusations against Him-without spot or blemish. He became our sacrificial lamb and takes away our sins.

LET IT GO and bow down to our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment