Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Remembering

O. T. #1420  "Remembering"
April 10, 2019
Summary of Psalm

LET IT GLOW

Isn't it fun when you get together with extended family and talk of the things you did together as children? The last time our kids got together with cousins, they spoke the fun they had here at their grandparent's farm. Ah, remembering is good. It seems to refresh the soul. We feel the love together.
Remembering the things God has done for us throughout the years seems to refresh my soul, too.

God is our refuge and strength very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear...(46:1-2a)
Be still and know that I am God: I will be exulted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth. (46:10)

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. (68:19)

But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned He His anger away, and did not stir up all His wrath. For He remembered that they were but flesh: a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again. (78:39)

Time after time God showed His chosen children, Israel, mercy. He will do the same for us. When we need compassion and forgiveness, He is there. Our flesh will soon decay, but our soul will live forever. He remembers us.


LET IT GROW

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.  (47:1)

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (51:10)

Restore unto me the joy of my salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit. (51:12)

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise. (51:17)

LET IT GO

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment