Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Lukewarm Tea and Life

O. T. #1419  "Lukewarm Tea and Life"
April 9, 2019
Summary of Psalm
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, twill never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24

LET IT GLOW

Let us jump ahead to Psalm 37 today and review it. There are some promises from God if we will dig a little deeper to find them:
  • We will live safely in the land and prosper when we trust in the Lord and do good. (verse 3)
  • He will give us the desires of our hearts. (verse 4)
  • God will help us. (verse 5)
  • Our innocence will shine and justice will come for us. (verse 6)
  • Wait on the Lord and the wicked will be destroyed. (verse 9)
  • The meek will inherit the earth and have peace. (verse 11)
  • The wicked will be broken (weapons). (verse 15)
  • The Lord takes care of the godly. (verse 17)
  • They will not be disgraced. (verse 19)
Isn't it wonderful that God is with us no matter where we go? I especially need Him with me as I drive in the crazy traffic now days.


LET IT GROW

So you know I love my sweet tea and it has to be either hot or iced and cold. Well, I had to endure lukewarm tea yesterday. Ugh! What happened is this: I had my teeth cleaned and a fluoride treatment. I was told to not eat or drink anything hot or cold for 4 hours. Now, it was 12:30 and time for lunch and my glass of iced tea was waiting for me in the car. It was the forbidden drink. I drank it anyway. (The hot car had melted the ice and warmed it up by the time I got through with my appointment.) It was not enjoyable though. Here is the good ending-hubby got me an iced cold Dr. Pepper to drink when the time came. All was well.
So friend, do we consider God's Word lukewarm and we don't get excited about His promises?

Here we find good instruction for life in Psalm 37:
  • Fret not (verse 1)
  • Be not anxious.
  • Trust in the Lord. (verse 2)
  • Do good.
  • Delight in the Lord. (verse 3)
  • Commit thy way unto the Lord. (verse 5)
  • Rest in the Lord and wait patiently. (verse 7)
  • Cease from anger. (verse 8)

LET IT GO

Trust the Lord today.
Rest in Him and wait patiently for His timing.
Forever Jesus is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment