Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Thanksgiving at Easter Time

O. T. #1425  "Thanksgiving at Easter Time"
April 17, 2019
Summary of Psalm

LET IT GLOW

But Thou art the same, and Thy years shall have no end. (102:27) God is the Eternal One, infinite and unchangeable, as Isaiah said in chapters 41 and 43.

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow in anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide (defend); neither will He keep His anger for ever. (103:8-9)

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us. (103:12)

Our sin is removed by the miracle of God's love and Christ's atonement. His mercy is the cause, and the extent of forgiveness is described by the largest measure which the earth can render. (Falwell)

LET IT GROW

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving and declare His works with rejoicing. (107:22)

From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised. (113:3)

When we look around, aren't there so many blessings we have to give thanks for to our God?
I am thankful every morning for the various medications which I have available to keep my body functioning properly. Clean water and electricity and even daily oatmeal is on my list. There are people around the world that do not have our blessings.

I see You in everything, all day; every beat of my heart keeps reminding me; I see You in every little thing all day; no matter where I go, Your love is finding me. Amen! How true! I like that song.
It is good for us to be reminded that God holds our life in the palm of His hand. It is good to recall that all we have is because of His goodness toward us.
So let us have thanksgiving at Easter time. Such a sacrifice of Jesus' life so we might have eternal life! Salvation can be on our list of thanksgiving.

LET IT GO

Your love never fails, it never gives us, it never runs out on me. Your love, O God.
Thank You Jesus that Your love and forgiveness never run dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment