Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Overwhelmed

O. T. #1434  "Overwhelmed"
April 30, 2019
Summary of Psalm

LET IT GLOW

Anyone feeling overwhelmed? I did this passed weekend. I had another episode with my stomach paining me. Finally, it slowly subsided when I got back on my medication, but I spent the whole time on the couch. (I stopped taking it due to the side effects of depletion of potassium, magnesium, sodium, and calcium.) One good thing, though, I was able to lie down on my new couch, after 25 years.) David was overwhelmed by those pursuing and hid in a cave.

When I am overwhelmed, You alone know the way I should turn. Psalm 142:3

I cried unto Thee , O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge (shelter, hope, trust) and my portion (smoothness, allotment) in the land of the living.  (Ps. 142:5)

I stretch forth my hands unto Thee: my soul thirsteth after Thee, as a thirsty land. (Ps. 143:6)

Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness (along the land of smoothness). (Ps. 143:10)

Andrew Bonar said it this way about the last verse:
The land of plainness, a land where no wickedness of men, and malice of Satan, vex the soul day to day; a land where no rough paths and crooked turns lengthen out the traveler's weary journey; but where all is like the smooth pasture-land of Reuben (Deut. 3:16-20), a fit place for a flocks to lie down.
Now that is the kind of land I would like to live in right now, and not have to wait until I reach heaven. But until then, the joy of the Lord is my strength; when the pressure is on, He is making diamonds, as the song goes.

LET IT GROW

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and He in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. (Ps. 144:2)

Happy is that people whose God is the LORD. (verse 15)

When we are in need of a fortress, a high tower of protection; in need of a deliverer, and a shield against the evils of this world, trust in God. He will be with us through whatever enemy we are combating today. Then as we make God our LORD, we will happily endure and survive. It is for His glory and our good.


So I say, it is good to be in the land of the living and the land of the uprightness, no matter the battles we are facing. Our God is with us and is our happiness when we turn to Him.

LET IT GO

Be my deliverer and shield, Jesus.



1 comment: