Friday, March 1, 2019

Darkness and Light

O. T. #1398  "Darkness and Light"
March 1, 2019
Psalm 139-Part 2
I can never escape from Your Spirit!  I can never get away from Your presence!
Psalm 139:1NLT


LET IT GLOW

2. God's Omnipresence

Ever feel like you are stumbling in darkness? Even though I have lived in this house for 21 years now, I still stumble into things and get bruises. That is why I have a night light in the bathroom. It shines in two other rooms so I can find the light switch. I can manage in the darkness, but all the time. I am grateful that I have eyes to see.
Similarly, children of God can stumble around in the darkness of sin. We can follow our own path, go our own way, and leave out God in our life. That is when we get in a mess. Eventually, we come back to God in repentance. He sees all and knows what we are doing, even in the darkness.

To You night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to You. (verse 12)

The light of God's divine essence penetrates every dark place and makes the deepest darkness to radiate as the brightest light. (Falwell)

Then grace comes and surrounds us. No one loves us like Jesus. He is ready to pour out His amazing grace on us. Jesus is the light of the world.

LET IT GROW

Where are you now, God? Ever feel like that?
God is there, no matter where we go. David concluded this. God was watching over David. Even if he went to heaven, to the grave, to the deepest ocean, or in darkness. God is an observer and spectator in our life. We can't get away from Him, even if we wanted to do so. That is because He is not only omniscience (all-knowing), but also omnipresent (ever present). Doesn't that make Him God. No one else has those abilities, not even the devil.

So let's think about it-God is everywhere we are; He doesn't leave us; when we question His presence, He is there with us. I don't know abut you, friend, but I find that comforting. Oh, I realize there are times that He may back off and test us. Thus, we feel deserted, but in reality, we are not. It would be normal to ask where He is. That is when we should call upon His name, call out for help, ask for strength to carry on.

Job and Jonah found out all of this. Will we?
LET IT GO

Help me, Jesus.
May Your light shine in and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment