Thursday, March 21, 2019

A Puff of Air Life

O. T. #1406  "A Puff of Air Life"
March 21, 2019
Psalm 144-Part 2
O LORD, what are human beings that You should notice them, mere mortals that you should think about them? For they are like a breath of air; their days are like a passing shadow. 
Psalm 144:3-4 NLT

LET IT GLOW

Life is short. How many times have we heard that or even said that? How does David remind us life is like? It is like a breath and our days are like a passing shadow. When I read these verses,  I thought of the dandelion plant that is in the form of seeds standing on a stem. As a child, we all blew them, just to watch the wind blow them away. (Now as an adult, I realize that act is what spreads them in our yard and I don't do it anymore. Ugh!) Our days of life go by so quickly, especially since we are older now. It is like the puff of air that scatters the seeds.. Or it is like a shadow, here now and gone in a second.

James says that life is like a vapor, smoke, here and then it vanishes. While we have the time here, we should be living for our God, while we have the time.

Living for God is the only way to make your life worthwhile, purposeful, and meaningful. (Life Application Study Bible)

Isn't it amazing that Almighty God would think about us, be involved in our little, short, and insignificant life? And that He loves us sinners, protects and provides for us even when we are not grateful. Such love and mercy!
So we have the choice to make our life count for something by living it for the glory of God and in swerving others.

LET IT GROW

I enjoy listening to our local Christian radio station. I sing aloud with those singing their songs of praise and reassurance in God. Sometimes I make up my own words to their tune, personally praising the God of my salvation and Savior Jesus Christ.

I will sing a new song unto Thee, O God: upon the psaltry and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto Thee.  (verse 9)

With new vigor David praises his God with not an old song, but with new songs. He recognized that it is God who gives salvation and deliverance.

Here is our challenge for today-sing our own new song of praise to Jesus.

LET IT GO

Praise to Jesus, the giver of my breath and life.
Use me for Your glory, to tell Your story in my life.
Keep me ready for eternity when my time comes to go home with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment