Friday, March 15, 2019

Trust

O. T. #1402  "Trust"
March 15, 2019
Psalm 141
But mine eyes are unto Thee, O God the Lord: in Thee is my trust: leave not my soul destitute.  Psalm 141:8

LET IT GLOW

In verse 8, where is David looking for help? His eyes are on the Lord God.

In Sarah Young's devotional, Jesus Calling, writes as if Jesus is speaking to us:
Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those "sister sins" that so easily entangle you.                                                                   Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. Keep your eyes on Me, not only for direction but also for empowerment. I never lead you to do something without equipping you for the task. That is why it's so important to seek My will in everything you do. In order to know My will, you must spend time with Me-enjoying My Presence.

Where are our eyes looking? Are we looking to see where god is working and joining Him in kingdom work?


LET IT GROW

This morning I looked out my window and saw my cat Boots had climbed up a tree. I suppose she was after a bird sitting on a higher branch, since I saw one fly away. Then, the two kittens climbed up there, too. Do you suppose  since Boots did not fall, trusting in the branch with her weight, they decided to venture up, too? In the meantime, Boots came down, as did the other two. Do you think it is like that for people? When one person trusts God in a situation and testifies how God brought them through, they consider He can be trusted in their situation?

God is trustable. Is there such a word? Maybe the word is trustworthy. That is it. God is trustworthy.
Trust in Hebrew means to flee for protection; to confide in; have hope; make refuge.

In whom is David putting his trust? It is in God.
Do we entrust our concerns to God?
Is He our hope that all things will work together for our good and His glory?
What do we need to trust God with today?

Proverbs 3:5-6 says: Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

LET IT GO

Help me keep my eyes upon You today, Lord Jesus.
You are my hope, my refuge; in You do I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment