Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Which Way?

O.T. #1400 "Which Way?"
March 5, 2019
Psalm 139-Part 4
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24

LET IT GLOW

4. David's Obeisance (verses 19-24)

We have learned about the omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence of God. Now David is asking God to check out his heart in this prayer. He wants to be confident that he is a man of God walking in the way of God. How about you?

Shall we bring it home, to our door step, and look at what David is saying here?
  • Search me: search means to penetrate; to examine intimately; seek; try;
  • know my thoughts: know is understand; perceive; discern; heart refers to courage; mind; understanding;
  • try me: try is to test; investigate; examine; prove;
  • know my thoughts: thoughts refers to cogitation; Webster's Dictionary defines it as meditation; capacity to think or reflect; 
  • see if there is any wicked way in me; wicked means idol;
  • lead me in the way everlasting.
God already knows our heart and thoughts. It is a needful thing for us to examine our selves, being careful to be truthful and not justifying our sins or wrong habits. When God examines us, we must face the truth, for He does not lie.

Now, if we were to ask God to examine our thoughts and heart, would He find that we have an idol in our life? sin in our heart?
Are we a woman or man of God that is walking in the way of God?

LET IT GROW

Take a look at the last phrase of this chapter.
Lead me in the way everlasting.

What does way refer to? A road (as trodden); a course of life or mode of action; journey; manner; pathway.

This way is leading us to everlasting life. Jesus is The Way, The Only Way.
As we walk on this road or journey called life, may our course or manner be one that is close to Jesus as He leads us to heaven.

Which way are you going, friend? Are you going Jesus' way or your way?

LET IT GO

Search me, try me, know my thoughts and my heart, O God.
Show me if there is any wicked (idol) thing in me.
Cleanse my hear, soul, and mind.
Be the King of my heart, King Jesus.
Walk with me and talk with me throughout this day.
I know Your way leads to an everlasting way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment