Monday, February 4, 2019

If He Had Not Been on My Side

O. T. #1380  "If He Had Not Been on My Side"
Feb. 4, 2019
Psalm 124
If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us... Psalm 124:2

LET IT GLOW

Step 5: The Lord is on my side.

I wonder how may times Israel said our key verse. David was recognizing God's protection in the first 5 verses and God's provision in the last 3 verses. How many times did men (enemies) rise up against God's beloved Israel and protect them as Israel's Almighty God? How many times did they experience a dependable, willing and able merciful God when they knew not how they would survive?
Remember the two great body of waters they crossed? The Red Sea they crossed when pursued by Pharaoh's mighty army and the Jordan River when they were in pursue of the Promised Land. Yep, God parted those waters that could have drown the two million chosen people of Israel.
Also, He knew what was before them, behind them, and causing fear and doubt on that day of crossing. What about us or our loved ones? This same God can do the same for them-part the waters of doubt or fear that floods their soul.

Did God come through or what?! As His children, our Heavenly Father goes to great lengths to meet our needs. Now it may not be in the way we think or ask for Him to do it. Never the less, He does His purpose. His will is accomplished.

When overwhelming odds are against us, with God there is always a way out because He is the Creator of all that exists. No problem is beyond His ability to solve; no circumstance is too difficult for Him. We can turn to the Creator for help in our time of need, for He is on our side. God will provide a way out; we need only trust Him and look for it. (Life Application Study Bible)

LET IT GROW

Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the Most High: And call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me. Psalm 50:14-15

It is the willing and cheerful attitude of the sacrificer that pleases God. The one acceptable sacrifice to God is praise and thanksgiving out of a pure heart. (Falwell)

Do we ever think of what might have happened had God not intervened for us?
As for me, I would have grown up with a crippled heart valve after rheumatic fever not allowing me to be active; dead without His breath of life after surgery; again, dead without His keeping my heart beating after a colonoscopy depleted potassium and sodium from my body; and a basket case in depression after I was insulted about the way I acted that was supposedly so unbecoming of a Christian.
Yes, if the Lord had not been on my side, where would I be today?!!

So I daily pour out my thanks and praise upon Jesus for being there for and with me through it all. What a story of His mercy and grace He has written upon my heart and life! That is why I write this blog, to encourage folks like me, by sharing what He has done for me, showing that He can do for you.

How about you, friend?

LET IT GO


My help is in the name of the Lord God, Maker of heaven and earth.
Thank You Father for choosing me as Your child.
Thank You that You are working all things out for my good and Your glory.
Thank You for being for me.
Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging; Your love carries me.
Hallelujah! To Thine be the glory for ever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment