Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Are You Feeling Surrounded?

O. T. #1381  "Are Feeling You Surrounded?"
Feb. 4, 2019
Psalm 125
They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion which cannot be removed, but abideth forever.
As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about His people from henceforth even forever.  Psalm 125:1-2

LET IT GLOW


Step 6: The Lord surrounds His people.

I recall being surrounded by fear when I looked out the bus window and saw soldiers with automatic guns on their shoulders looking inside the bus. We were at a check point in a foreign country and they were looking for illegals in their country. Whew! Talk about a time to trust the Lord! Of course, we were ok and free to go after showing our passports. We were there to do God's work and He was surround us, keeping us safe.

How does verse 1 describe the people who trust in the Lord?
They are like a mountain that will not be shaken, that lasts forever.

The Hebrew meaning for the word trust is to be hie (to go quickly, hasten) for refuge; be confident or sure; secure.

Beth Moore asks three questions concerning these definitions:
  1. How would you describe confidence in the Lord? He will do what is right and just for me.
  2. How would you describe security in the Lord? He will protect me, not allow my faith to be shaken, and keep me strong spiritually while depending upon Him, loving me through whatever comes my way.
  3. How would you describe being sure abut the Lord? He is positively in control of everything in my life.
(The answers are mine.) How would you answer those questions today?
Are we finding every bit of our security in the Lord, although He is unseen?

Look up Psalm 30:6-7. replacing the "I" with your name as I did:
In Linda's prosperity, she said, "I shall not be moved."
LORD, by Thy favor Thou hast made Linda's mountain to stand strong: Thou didst hide Thy face, and Linda was troubled.

Self-security and over confidence is not going to get it, folks. It will crumble every time. But when our trust and security, is in God, we will stand strong on top of a mountain that will not be shaken.
Also, our sure thing will crumble like dry clay when our trust is not in God. However, when we are walking by faith and not by sight on our journey, we will not walk alone and will be blessed.


LET IT GROW


Where is God's position concerning His people?
When things around us look impossible, He surrounds us, now and forever. Now that is security, isn't it?

Psalm 34:7 says, The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him and delivereth them.

Psalm 139:5 tells us, Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid Thine hand upon me.

Even when David was enduring overwhelming anguish, how did he describe God in Psalm 116:5-6?
God is gracious, righteous, merciful, and compassionate.
Are you in need of God's encircling protection.


LET IT GO


Jesus, surround me with Your love and protection today.

No comments:

Post a Comment