Monday, February 11, 2019

Cut Free

O. T. #1385  "Cut Free"
Feb. 11, 2019
Psalm 129
The LORD is righteous; He has cut me free from the cords of the wicked. Psalm 129:4 NIV

LET IT GLOW

Step 10: The Lord frees me from enemies and oppressors.

Can't face today much less tomorrow? Are you bound by an enemy? Learn how to be cut free from the cords that have you bound. Read on, dear one.

What do we read about the LORD our God when it comes to our enemies and oppressors?
  • He is righteous. (verse 4a) That never changes, for God always does what is right.
  • He frees us from the cords of the wicked that bind us. (verse 4b)
  • He gives me victory. (verse 2)
Who do we know that is bound by cords to fear, financial difficulties, a bad habit, to self?
God says that He will free us. I have paraphrased some scriptures:
He rescues us because He delights in us. (Ps.18:19)
He won't forsake you and me, and gives us self-confidence. (Ps. 71:17-18)
He will rescue His children and will contend with the one who contends with us. (Isaiah 49:25)
However, let us be cautious:
Don't rejoice when our enemy falls or stumbles, lest the Lord sees it and turns His anger from him. (Prov. 24:17-18)

Fear is a liar, as well as the devil.  They cannot hold us, for we read that God will free us. Ask God to free you today, dear one. Forgive our oppressors and enemies. Press on with faith and love of Jesus in our hearts. It will get better. After all, the worse may be behind us.

LET IT GROW


Let us shift from the one that is oppressed to the one doing the oppression:
  • Haters will be driven back in disgrace. (verses 5, HCSB)
  • They will wither like grass. (verse 6)
  • They will be empty handed. (verse 7)
  • They will not be blessed. (verse 8)
Our oppressors may win some battles, but they won't win this war. (Beth Moore)

Hold them guilty by God the Judge; let them fall by their own devices; thrust them out for they are rebellious against You God. (Psalm 5:8-12)

Paraphrasing:
Be careful, friends, to not slander your people or neighbor, but love them. (Leviticus 19:16-18)
When an enemy looses something, return it to him when you find it; help him with a heavy load.
(Exodus 23:4-5)
Vengeance is God's right alone. so let Him repay for us, not us repaying evil.

Let our hearts and mouths be in tuned to God.

Jesus was bound by chords on the cross by love for you and me, not by the evil ones. Our sins put Him there. He was set free after enduring the pain and death in our place. We deserve paying for our sins, not Him. Then Jesus arose three days later to live forever. He is seated at the right hand of God, interceding for you and me as we pray and ask forgiveness of our sins. Such love!!

Do you know my Jesus? You can by simply praying and asking Him to forgive your sins and be your Savior.

LET IT GO


My oppressors from my youth have not gained victory over me nor prevailed against me.
My God has freed me from their cords.
Lord, You are righteous and do what is right.
I trust You, for I am a child of the Living God!

No comments:

Post a Comment