Friday, January 5, 2018

Need a Moment to Catch Your Breath?

O. T. #1127  "Need a Moment to Catch Your Breath?"
Jan. 5, 2018
Job 7

LET IT GLOW

Hey, I have been eagle watching from my front door. Yep, He has been sitting in a bare tree, just looking around. Then another one came to the same tree, but soon flew off. Two eagles came flying by him. You know I was using my binoculars to get a birds eye view. How majestic these birds are, huge in size, white heads and white tails, a giant wing expanse. This was all an answer to a wish the other day when I was in town, sitting in the truck, waiting on my husband in the store. I saw half a dozen flying around.  My desire was to see them up closer, but it didn't happen that day. I believe the Lord heard me and sent them my way this morning, 3 days later. What a blessing! Is there a lesson for you and me from the eagles?
Are we having our strength renewed because we are waiting upon the Lord? Are we mounting up as eagles, running without growing weary, walking without fainting? (Is. 40:31) Anyway, that is why I'm late for the study.

If only Job could have found that strength. Although, he was still sitting in misery, listening to his friends. He gives an answer to Eliphaz in chapter 6, whenever he stopped comforting and went to preaching repentance to Job. Then in chapter 7, Job directs his words crying out to God.

O God, remember that my life is but a breath.  (NLT  verse 7)

KJV uses the word wind; in the Hebrew is rauwach (roo'-akh), which is wind by resemblance breath.

Can we stop for a minute and consider our breath of life? If we have congestion in our lungs or passage, we have problems breathing. I know that from having asthma, had pneumonia, and influenza A. Breathing is important to staying alive, we will all agree. It keeps us going, our body functioning with the oxygen it needs. If our breath is gone, our life is snuffed out in  minute's time. Do we thank God for our breath? For allowing us to awaken this morning?

LET IT GROW

If only Job could bring his case before the Living God, lay his situation out before Him, then Job would accept whatever God had to say, judging rightly. However, God is silent to Job during those days of his testing.

In verse 18, Job acknowledges that God examines us every morning and tests us each moment. He is watching over us constantly. That makes Him God.
Job needs a moment to catch his breath, to swallow. (verse 19)
After the busy season we have just survived, do we need a moment to catch our breath? The Holy Spirit can supply our every need.

If I have sinned, what have I done to You, O watcher of humanity? (verse 20)

This is not an admission of guilt, but an argument against the way God has dealt with him. Job closes his discourse with the urgent request that God forgive him, if indeed he has sinned, before it is too late, in verse 21. (Falwell)

Soon we lie down in the dust and die, like Job said in verse 21b. Yes, it happens to us so quickly. That is why we must be about our Father's business, as Jesus told his parents when they found Him in the temple after 3 days.

LET IT GO

Wait upon the Lord Jesus.
Be thankful for my breath of life today.
Admit my sins and ask God's forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment