Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Does Your Redeemer Live?

O. T. #1143  "Does Your Redeemer Live?
Jan. 30, 2018
Job 19

LET IT GLOW

But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and He will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God. I will see Him for myself. Yes, I will see Him with mine own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!
Job 19:25-27 NLT

Israel did not have a well-developed doctrine of resurrection when this was written. In the end, God would be on his side, Job believed. Job became one of the first to speak about the resurrection of the body. It is the first mention in the Bible.

Redeemer, ga'al (gaw-al') in Hebrew, means to be the next of kin (such as to buy back a relative's property, marry his widow).

David mentions Redeemer in the Psalms, Isaiah in his book, and Jeremiah in his. (Ps. 19:14, Is. 49:7, Jeremiah 50:34)
We recall Boaz being Ruth's kinsman redeemer. After Ruth's husband was dead, and Boaz was the next of kin after the first one declined taking Ruth.

Jesus is our Redeemer.
Romans 3:23-24 says, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Can those around us say, "I know my Redeemer lives?"

LET IT GROW

This is the second time Job replied to Bildad.

Again, Job reproved his friends for their uncomprehending attitude and maintaining his innocence. Job does not distinguish between God's permissive will and His direct, active will. Job has not also taken seriously the possibility that Satan is real and active in human affairs; he does not mention the Adversary once , either directly or indirectly. The Adversary depicted in the inspired Word of God is a created being of limited power.  (Falwell)

In verse 21, Job asks his friends to: Have pity upon me, for the hand of God hath touched me.
In his limited perspective, Job is convinced that he was struck by the hand of God. However, the opening chapters of this book show differently.

Has the hand of God touched you?

LET IT GO

I know my Redeemer lives!
Be ready if this is the day I see my God.
Thank You, Jesus, for Your redemption, grace, and justification.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment