March 14, 2017
2 Chronicles 6-Part 2
LET IT GLOW
When we have a loved one that stops breathing and heart almost stops beating, that is when we pray earnestly and humbly. Solomon was not in that situation, however he did pray earnestly and humbly to God.
This chapter is about the dedication prayer of King Solomon. He tells that God had fulfilled His promises of choosing Jerusalem as His city and David chosen to reign over Israel. Also, Solomon would build the house of God, a new Temple of worship.
Solomon declared that there is now God like Him in heaven and earth. He keeps His covenant and shows unfailing love.
An additional promise included: If David's descendants obeyed God's laws then one would always sit upon the throne of Israel.
What else did Solomon pray God?
- Will God live on earth among people? Not even the heavens can contain You.
- Listen to my prayer and plea, O LORD my God.
- Hear the cry and prayer of Your servant is making to You.
- May You watch over this Temple day and night, this place where You sad You would put Your name.
- May You hear the humble and earnest requests from me and Your people Israel when we pray toward this place.
- Hear us from heaven where You live, and when You hear, forgive.
Do we humbly and earnestly make our requests?
Do we ask God to forgive us of our sins?
Remember, Solomon was on his knees before God, praying aloud in front of the priests of Israel.
LET IT GROW
The MacArthur Bible Commentary summarizes Solomon's prayer:
As Solomon led his people in prayer, he asked God to help them in many situations:
- crime (verses 22-23)
- enemy attacks (verses 24-25)
- drought (verses 26-27)
- famine (verses 28-31)
- foreigners (verses 32-33)
- war (verses 34-35)
- sin (verses 36-39).
God is ready to forgive us of our sins and restore our relationship with Him. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
LET IT GO
Praise my Sovereign God that reigns over all.
Humbly and earnestly make my requests unto God.
*Although Rose is not completely out of the woods, she is stable. God has brought her thus far. We thank Him for bringing her back to u. Please continue to pray for the doctors to have wisdom as they try various techniques t get her off the lung medicine. Thanks ya'll.