August 23, 2016
2 Kings 2-Part 2
LET IT GLOW
Previously we had a wicked king that left the world in disgrace and the greatest misery. Now we see a contrast between King Ahaziah and Elijah the prophet.
- a holy prophet leaving in honor, the greatest bliss;
- an encouragement and example of faithfulness to other prophets;
- a portrait of the cost of witnessing for God against corruption;
- a part of the faithful few;
- a type of Christ as he ascended to heaven;
- is our example of faith and prayer;
What do others see our life as? Are we faithful to God, a prayer warrior, living by His Word?
LET IT GROW
Elijah urged Elisha to remain behind, but Elisha insisted on accompanying him-As surely as the LORD lives and you yourself live, I will never leave you!
Sounds like Ruth and Naomi.
Before Elijah departed, he visited the schools of the prophets, a seminary, in various locations-Gilgal, Bethel, Jericho, and the Jordan River.
How committed are we to following the Lord Jesus?
We have the promise that He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Heb.13:5; Gen. 28:15; Joshua 1:5)
LET IT GO
Let go of whatever is hindering my walk with Jesus.