Friday, March 15, 2013

Who Made the Heavens, the Universe, the Galaxies?

O.T. #3 "Who Made the Heavens, the Universe, the Galaxies?"
March 15, 2013
Genesis 1-Part 3
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1 KJV

LET IT GLOW


So far, we have talked about the Bible being the Word of God and is true. Therefore, what God tells us in His Word, we are going to believe it as the truth. I think you are agreeing with me on some of these main points. They are the foundation of our Christianity.
*God is.
*God actually exists; God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit and angels existed before anything else existed.
*God made the universe. He is the Supreme Intelligence and Power of all beings and things.
*God predestinated, chose us to be His children before He made anything. (Eph. 1:4-5).
*God made everything that is, has been, or ever will be out of nothing; no atoms, no materials, no
  matter, no energy existed when He created.
*God spoke everything into existence. He didn't have to speak in order to create, but He did it that
  way.

What a creative, loving God! He created everything that we would need in order to live here on earth. consider that as we discuss each of the days of creation and what He made on particular days. Also, there is no time mentioned. How long did the earth remain void? How long did it take God and Jesus to plan out everything? He didn't tell us, so it isn't important, is it?

LET IT GROW

Last night, while walking from the truck to the house after church service, I looked up into the sky. It was a clear night, no clouds blocking my view. I could see a sky full of stars shining so brightly. Although, it was not as dark as it used to be when I was a child. My farm is now close to big cities which light up their world at night, resulting in lighting up mine.
As I read the first chapter of Genesis, I realize, there is a huge universe, galaxy out there.

I could not go onto the second verse until we discussed our vast universe which God created. I don't know about you, but I tend to be focused on my own little world, my family, home, community, church and not consider what's out there in space.

My source is  a study book published back in 1992 and 1996, so I am sure there are new informations and new discoveries made since that time.
 Here is what The Preacher's Outline & Sermon Bible has to say:
  • The earth is only 8,000 miles in diameter and only 25, 000 miles in circumference. The earth measures less than one grain of sand on all the seashores of the the earth in comparison to the universe.
  • Our earth is within a solar system, a system of 9 other planets that revolve around the sun (10 total).
  • Our sun is so large that it is about 864,000 miles in diameter. The sun could hold 1,300,000 earths. It is 93,000,000 miles away from the earth.
  • Our solar system is one solar system of millions that make up what science calls a galaxy. Our galaxy is called the Milky Way. Our galaxy has billions and billions of stars.
  • Science tells us that the galaxies are moving away from each other at an incredible speed, a speed that exceeds millions of miles per hour. The stars and galaxies of the heavens are moving away from each other, traveling millions and millions of miles every hour. We live in what is called an expanding universe, an ever growing universe.
As I stood gazing up into the heavens last night, I didn't consider the other planets in my solar system, nor did I consider other solar systems existing out there. It is so stunning, so enormous that my mind cannot comprehend it all. and to think that our God who made it all and keeps it all going in proper order is behind it all. And yet, this God who made the universe, galaxies, etc. takes the time to listen to my prayers, to be involved in my life and yours. To think, it all began with nothing. It's that astounding?
Our God is an awesome God! He reigns from heaven above.
I stand in awe of You, King Jesus!


LET IT GO

Thank You God that you created me and let me enjoy Your creation.

Thank You for all You have blessed me with-earth, sun, moon, stars, 9 planets, other galaxies and so much more. How beautiful they are. How creative You are.

Thank You that You are in control of everything and I trust You with my everything.

How awesome and wonderful You are, Jesus! Thank You for your love, grace, and mercy.

How incredible to think that the God who has the power and knowledge to speak all of this into being gave up all to be my all, to die for me a sinner so I might live forever.

Glory to the name of Jesus! Praise  and honor to our Father God!












No comments:

Post a Comment