Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Water

O.T. 6. "Water"
March 20, 2013
Genesis 1-Part 6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. and God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.  Genesis 1:6-8

LET IT GLOW

This morning, early, I had to get out and run an errand. As I was driving toward the east, (remember I live in a rural area) I watched the sun come up. It put off  a beautiful orange glow. There were a few dark blue clouds around it. What a scenery for driving.
When I see something gorgeous that God has made, I say, "Look Lord, what a beautiful _____. Then I remember that He made it and thank Him for it."
As though He had not seen it yet. Huh. He made it for me to see. So I brag on my Lord's creation.
I hope I don't appear too simplistic. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'm sure God likes compliments and praise, too.
After I finished my errand, on my way home, I stopped on my dirt road and picked some daffodils. Their scent was ever present in the car and on my hands. Some are still green and haven't turned yellow yet. Thank You Lord for eyes to see, a nose to smell, hands to touch.
Do you notice the little, special things around in your world that God has made? Whenever you do, whisper a word of thanks or give Him a thumbs up. I know that I don't do it enough.

Are you ready to focus on day two of creation? Day one was when He made light, day, and night.
Again, God spoke and it happened. Remember the earth was covered with water. God wanted to divide it and so He did.

Firmament, raqiya, (raw-kee'ah)in Hebrew  means expanse; the firmament or visible part of the sky.
(Strong's Exhaustive Concordance)

The Hebrew word speaks of something spread out. God commanded the water to separate, and He placed an expanse, or a "firmament," between the water that remained on the earth and the water that now rose above the expanse. The imagery is that of a vast expanse, a protective layer that overlays the earth and divides the waters below from the waters above. The expanse in-between includes the earth's breathable atmosphere. The firmament below refers to subterranean reservoirs (7:11) and the above firmament could have been a water vapor canopy which acted to make the earth like a hothouse, provided uniform temperature, inhibited mass air movements, caused mist to fall, and filtered out ultraviolet rays, and thereby extending life.  (The MacArthur Bible Commentary)

The earth and atmosphere have just the right amount of water for the water cycle to continue meeting needs on the earth. What would happen if we had too much water (What a hair day for us ladies.) or if we didn't have enough water? He does everything just right.

Scientists have discovered that water is made up of 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen, H2O.

The work of the second day is to provide an empty space around the circumference of the earth, that heaven and earth may not be mixed together. (John Calvin)

Bless the Lord, O my soul. OLord my God, thou art ver great: thou art clothed with honor and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind. Ps. 104:1-3

LET IT GROW

I sum it up by saying God made our atmosphere where rain falls and cloud float; the outer space where the planets, moon, and stars hang around; then the Heaven, an eternal home for angels and us, and Jesus' and God's throne.

The first heaven is the atmosphere and air space encircling the earth, the heaven or sky where birds fly. The second heaven is outer space where the heavenly bodies are. It is where all the suns and stars and planets of the material universe operate. The third heaven is the place where God is, the place where he and all believers live and are to live eternally. It is the spiritual world, the spiritual dimension of being.  (The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible)

Have you ever flown in an airplane? What a magnificent view from up there!

Jesus is our Living Water; Light of the World; our breath of life; Bright and shining star.

Are you thirsty? All this talk of water made me thirsty.

I became overwhelmed with the realization of how powerful God is. And to think, He is the One to whom I pray and talk. My, my, I feel so unworthy.
Friends, we are loved by this awesome, all-power God.


LET IT GO

Share with others the Living Water.

Make them thirsty for Jesus by the way we live.

Point out His creation and the Creator.

Thank Him for being such an awesome God that loves us.











No comments:

Post a Comment