Genesis 2-Part 4
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Genesis 2:23
LET IT GLOW
Here I am, married over 40 years. How quickly time has passed. Are you committed to a marriage partner? Is your marriage committed to God? What are we teaching our children? Is marriage for a lifetime or until we get tired of each other?
In the first two chapters of Genesis we see the first man, first woman, first surgery, first marriage, first home, first family, and first institution. God created them all.
In verse 20, Adam was busy naming the animals and birds. Did he need help in such a big task? (Today, we have over 17,000 air-breathing species of animals.) But man was alone. Did Adam talk to God about the situation? God had said in verse 18 that it wasn't good for man to be alone. Of course, we know that God had planned out the solution before the need arose.
Adam needed a help meet, which is neged in Hebrew, with several meanings. One is a counterpart or mate; opposite.
What procedure did God use in making woman?
God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam. This was a divine anesthetic used by the Great Physician and the first surgery performed.
God took one of Adam's ribs out and closed up the flesh. Rib in Hebrew is tesela, meaning side, wing of a building, and a panel. God made woman, not out of dust of the ground like man, but from Adam's side in order that she may labor alongside of him.
Man was to hold the woman ever so dear to his heart-loving and respecting her ever so deeply-for she came from both God's hand and from man's very own body. Man and woman have different roles and purposes on earth.Thus their bodies and brains are made differently so they can perform those.
[Resource: The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible]
Men should act and dress like men and women should act and dress like women. Why are they allowing the deceiver to persuade them that they are born gay when they are not? Are we letting our roles change?
LET IT GROW
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.(Ephesians 5:22)
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. (Ephesians 5:25)
God brought the woman to the man, so God performed the first marriage. He sanctified and blessed the first home and the first family.
Matthew 19:6 says in NIV, So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)
Our society has sunk so low that it is trying to twist the standards of marriage from how God established it, between and man and a woman, to include homosexuals. Will Christians take a stand against this or let them pass laws accepting the sinful lifestyle? Is our nation heading toward a Sodom and Gemmorah lifestyle?
Liberty Bible Commentary says that the creation of Adam and Eve teaches us much about the marriage relationship:
- Marriage was instituted by God, not by man, thus God's Word must give us the proper guidelines;
- Marriage was, and is to be, monogamous; God gave Adam only one wife;
- Marriage is to be heterosexual; homosexuality does not have a case in the light of biblical revelation;
- The husband and wife are to be unified physically and spiritually. He is to leave his parents and become "glued to his wife." This implies the permanency of marriage;
- The husband is to be the head of the wife. Adam was created before Eve and she was created as a helper for him. The chain exists because God instituted it, not because men are superior.
Marriage is the first institution established upon earth and for our society. Here are three rules of the marriage bond:
1. There is to be a leaving of parents, a permanent separation from parents by manThe family is an institution. God established the family as the first institution of society. He later established the worship center and the government. All institutions of society find their roots in the family-education, health care, worship, government.
and woman. Marriage is to be the srongest and primary relationship between persons.
2. There is to be a cleaving to each other. The union is to be intimate and permanent.
3. There is to be one flesh. He is to be hers and she is to be his, as one person. There is
a spiritual union and physical intimacy so binding that they become one person in
body, mind, and spirit.
Will Christians take a stand for God's Word and against evil? We shall see.
In what kind of society will our grandchildren live?
HE IS NOT HERE; HE HAS RISEN, JUST AS HE SAID. Matthew 28:6
Jesus gives us hope for eternal life and a resurrected life. Are you trusting in the Savior?
LET IT GO
Be content with the role I was created to serve Jesus in, a woman.
Honor Him in all I do.
Stay faithful to my husband.
Take a stand against homosexuality and gay marriages.