Monday, March 11, 2013

The End is Only the Beginning

709.  "The End is only the Beginning"
March 11, 2013
Revelation 22-Part 32
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly, Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.  Revelation 22:20-21 KJV

LET IT GLOW

Isn't it exciting to get a hand-written letter, note, or card? I think so. Verse 20 is  like Jesus Himself has signed this book at the end. Of course, He IS the author, penned by John.

Here is the benediction. Benediction comes from a latin word, bene, meaning well and dicere, meaning to say. It has been an ancient custom for leaders to dismiss a congregation or close a letter with a "good word," a blessing. After all the visions of John and the descriptions of eternal destinies of both believer and unbelievers, our Lord Jesus Himself offers this good word of reassurance:
Yes, I am coming quickly.

How does John respond? He adds "Amen" to Jesus' words. Amen comes from a Hebrew exclamation based on a verb that means to confirm, support, uphold; to be certain. A literal rendering could be, "So be it!"

Then John added a personal prayer: "Come, Lord Jesus!" This last phrase may be derived from an Aramaic saying common among first-century Jewish Christians: Maranatha, or "Our Lord, come!" The Aramaic word mare was the word used to refer to YHWH-the divine name. So here, at the end of Revelation, John confesses Jesus as the God-Man who is coming soon.

[Resource: Swindoll's New Testament Insights on Revelation]

The Old Testament concluded by mentioning a curse (Mal. 4:4-6), while the New Testament ends with a blessing of grace (22:21). (J. Vernon McGee)

LET IT GROW

If you are like me, you still have some questions that are not yet answered. Perhaps we will be experiencing some of what was foretold to John. We may just be the generation that is caught up with Him in the air when the trumpet sounds.

Oh, friends, it is hard for me to end our study of the New Testament, much less our study of Revelation. But in reality, the end is only the beginning; the end of the world will be the beginning of a new world and new heaven. Now that is exciting!

As John said in verse 21, I shall conclude also: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

As John wrote the end of the book, I want to spend a little time for personal reflecting:
  • My daughter exposed me to blogging back in 2010. In fact, she set up everything for me and instructed me along the way.
  • While reading Lysa TerKeurst's book, What Happens When Women say Yes to God, that I surrendered to the possibility of writing a study through the New Testament.
  • My first purpose was to leave a legacy of intertwining the Scriptures with my childhood experiences for my children and grandchildren to read. It is my prayer that they will grow as a Christian and perhaps use some of these writings in their sharing of the gospel and ministry.
  • I found that as I began spending hours researching and reading commentaries, my faith was challenged and growing. I began to hunger more for the Word of God.
  • I realize that God has used me to be a missionary while staying on my country road of faith, at home. Through internet, I have been able to reach not only my nation, but countries around the world, with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • To God be the glory and all credit goes to Him for any good that has been accomplished.
  • I agree with Luann Prater of Proverbs 31 who wrote, "God didn't show me the entire road ahead, just the next step."
  • It is my prayer that you have found a stronger faith, or perhaps new faith, in our Lord Jesus Christ through any of my efforts; that my writings and research of the writings of others, has equipped you to better live for Him and share His love in your world.
  • So I want to thank you dear friends for sitting down with me on my country road of faith, sharing your experiences, sending encouragment to me. You are loved by me and the Master Teacher.
  • If you are interested, I am going to continue my walk of faith, stepping into the Old Testament. So come along with me when you can. May I add, please pray for me as I seek God's wisdom and words each day. 
  • I will post one more time on Revelation, doing a summary of the scriptures that stood out to me. As this road has come to an end, I must continue to walk with Jesus by faith, taking the fork in the road of my life, into the Old Testament. Will you join me? 
  • As the song says, His love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.
  • Nothing can seperate us from the love of God. 
LET IT GO

Give my time to God to use for His purpose and will to be accomplished.

Surrender my thoughts, heart, and life to Him.

Share the truth in love with others.

REPENT OF MY SINS.

Quote 1 Chronicles 4:10 daily.

Keep on keepin' on, y'all.








No comments:

Post a Comment