Monday, March 4, 2013

Light

704.  "Light"              March 4, 2013
Revelation 21-Part 27
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  Revelation 21:23  KJV

LET IT GLOW

Before we end this chapter, I wanted to touch on one more thing-light. Maybe I never noticed our key verse before, or perhaps it just never jumped out at me before now. At any rate, I am sad that there will be no more beautiful sunrises, sunsets, nor full moons shining around the new earth. Some of the sunsets that I have seen were gorgeous. And there was a full moon so close that I could have lassoed it if I had had a rope. Not long ago, there were planets visible close to the moon. Did you see them? I recall when a child, the early morning sun shining through my eastern bedroom window. What a good way to start a day. It brightens up my days during the long, dark winter.

I know, I won't be sad with the absence of the sun and moon. There will not be a need for them, according to verse 23. Why not? Because the glory of God and the Lamb will enlighten it. The night will be vanished. No more street lights, front porch lights, night lights. (No more electric company?)

It was on the fourth day that the Lord created the sun, moon, and stars to illumine the earth. They mark the passing of seasons, years, months, and days, thus, the passing of time. Since the new earth will not require these sources of light, there will be no seasons. (Does that means no white new fallen snow, no beautiful leaves, no sparkling green grass, nor a hot summer?)

The darkness will be done away with so sin, evil Satan, temptations will not be present. The Shekinah glory of God will illuminate the new heaven and earth. So the spiritual darkness will be removed. We were in darkness until we came to the light-Jesus Christ. Earlier in the gospel of John, he spoke about light. (John 1:1-5, 8:12, 12:35-36)

Jesus said in John 8:12, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 says, Ye are the children of light and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Am I allowing God's light to shine through me into a world of sin and darkness?

LET IT GROW

Verse 24 states, And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.

According to John, the truth that Christ lived, taught, and placed within believers is also the light in which He calls us to walk (1 John 1:5-7). When we walk in the light, we have fellowship with God and one another. But if we walk in darkness and say we have fellowship with God, we lie and do not the truth.

Am I walking in the light spiritually?
Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ. Philipians 1:27

Even the nations will walk in this light (verse 24). They will pass through open gates, entering the presence of God without hindrance or hesitation (verses 25-26).

Redeemed people from every nation and ethnic group will dwell in heaven's light. In the eternal city, there will be no more divisions, barriers, or exclusions because of race or politics. all kinds of peoples in eternity dissolve into the one people of God, and they will move freely in and about the city.  (MacArthur)

LET IT GO

Let Jesus shine through me.

Walk as Jesus walked.

Serve the Lord with gladness.



No comments:

Post a Comment