March 12, 2013
Summary of Revelation
Names have meanings. It is fun to look up what our means. There is one who has several name in the Bible-Jesus Christ.
As I pondered what to share for today, I realized this book is loaded with descriptive words/names of Jesus Christ. I wanted to share with you what I found:
- The Faithful Witness (1:5)
- The first begotten of the dead (1:5)
- The Prince of the kings of the earth (1:5)
- Alpha, Omega, beginning, and end (1:8; 21:6; 22:13)
- The Almighty (1:8)
- The Son of man (1:13;14:14)
- The Son of God (2:18)
- He that is holy (3:7)
- He that is true (3:7)
- He that hath the Key of David (3:7)
- The Amen (3:14)
- The faithful and true witness (3:14)
- The beginning of the creation of God (3:14)
- The Lion of the tribe of Judah (5:5)
- The Root of David (5:5)
- The Lamb (6:1;7:14)
- Lord God Almighty (11:17)
- His Christ (12:10)
- King of saints (15:3)
- God, who liveth for ever and ever (15:7)
- Righteous, O Lord (16:5)
- Lord of lords (17:14)
- King of kings (17:14)
- God that sat on the throne (19:4)
- our God (19:5)
- The Lord God omnipotent (19:6)
- Faithful and True (19:11)
- The Word of God (19:13)
- KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS (19:16)
- The Great God (19:17)
- The First and the Last (22:13)
- The Root and Offspring of David (22:16)
- The Bright and Morning Star (22:16)
Earlier, Jesus said in John 14:6, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
Believing that Jesus is the Savior, the Messiah, is the only way to come to God the Father. Have you come?
Either we reign with Him or we run from Him.
I pray that you will come to know my gracious and merciful Savior as your Lord, too.
I thank you for being so faithful in walking with me on the exciting journey through the New Testament, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ. It has taken almost 3 years. Some day will will meet and join together in praising our Lord and sharing our life's story. I will be venturing into the Old Testament next, so you are invited to join me.
Until then-Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen (Rev. 7:12)
May the Lord bless you,