Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bright Morning Star

590.  "Bright Morning Star"                              August 22, 2012
2 Peter 1-Part 8
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arises in your hearts.
2 Peter 1:19

LET IT GLOW

I went outside this orning before dawn and saw the sky was filled with stars. I found familiar outlines, looking in amazement. I never get tired of seeing them. There I was, a tiny speck on this planet earth, gazing up at the wonder of God's creation. What a beautiful, peaceful sight on a quiet, cool morning.Venus is considered the bright morning star, though it is a planet. I saw it shining in the eastern sky. It was easy to pick out among the hundreds twinkling. What a splendid sight! If you live in the country, it is worth rising before dawn to see it. Jesus is considered our Bright and Morning Star.

And then, there was the night on the island in Asia. Our missionary guide took us outside and pointed out the cross made with bright shining stars. He told us that it is only visible around the Equator. God's awesomeness is everywhere. Just look up.

Guess I had my head in the stars ans it's time to come down to earth. Shall we look into the the Scriptures today?
Are Christians not the light of Christ in the world dark in sin? (Matt. 5:14) The world needs a lamp until the dawn, to find their way out of darkness. (God's Word) Ps. 119:105

Christ is:

  • a light that shines in the darkness (Ps. 119:105);
  • the morning star that rises in our hearts (Rev. 22:16); 
  • the dayspring (Luke 1:78);
  • Sun of righteousness (Mal.4:1-3).
Did you know there are at least 332 distinct Old Testament predictions regarding the Messiah that Jesus fulfilled perfectly? David Guzik told me in his commentary, or else I wouldn't have.

The probability of one man fulfilling 8 of these prophecies is 1 in 10 to the 17th power; 48 of these prophecies is 1 in 10 to the 157th power; the first number could cover the state of Texas two feet deep.
[Guzik said Peter Stoner calculated it.]

Jesus did the extraordinary!!!!!!!! It boggles our minds. he! he!

I stand in amazement every time I see a star on a dark, clear night. Have you had any special observations?

LET IT GROW

The world is in darkness without Jesus, but God's Word shines.

His Word is:
  • sure-Peter and the apostles experienced it in Jesus;
  • shining-a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path (Ps. 119:105);
  • the Spirit-given Word-divinely inspired (2Tim.3:14-17);
  • not for private intepretation (verse 20), all Scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit;
  • written by holy men of God, directed by His Holy Spirit (verse 21).
The Word of God was written to common people, not to theological professors. The writers assumed that common people could read it, understand it, and apply it, led by the same Holy Spirit who inspired it. (Wiersbe)

Do I consider it the God-breathed Word to me whenever I read it? Do I ask Him to speak to me through it? Do I apply it?

LET IT GO

Jesus is my bright and morning star, my dayspring, the light of my life.

Make His Word the most important thing I read today.

Give it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment