Monday, August 27, 2012

Accusations

593.  "Accusations"             August 27, 2012
2Peter 2-Part 3
Yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. 2 Peter 2:11 NIV 

LET IT GLOW

When I was young, one of my chores was to feed the dog. After supper, I would take the bowl or pan of table scraps out to Buster, my collie dog. sometimes I would let him lick it. When I was accused of the act, I could not deny it because of the evidence-a clean bowl. Do you now that angels do not accuse us before the Lord Jesus? Our key verse says so.

Accusations are a charge of wrong doing, according to Webster's Dictionary.

The MacArthur Bible Commentary says this about verse 11:
It is in reference to the holy angels, who are greater in power than human beings. Unlike false teachers who are defiant toward higher powers, the holy angels so revere their Lord that they will not speak insults againsts any authority. Even the archangel, Michael, recognizing the great presence and power of Satan,l refused to speak evil of him, but called on the Lord to do so. (See Jude 8-9. Zech. 3:2) No believer should be so boldly foolish as to mock or command the power of supernatural demons, especially Satan. 
How much do I revere my Lord Jesus? Do I speak against authorities He has set up? How's my character? Are accusations made against me true or false?

LET IT GROW

(Definitions are in parenthesis from Thayer's Lexicon)
Characteristics of a false teacher/prophet are:
  • walk after the flesh in lust of uncleanness (act of defiling lust);
  • despise (think little or nothing of) government, authority; not live under Christ's Lordship; 
  • are presumptuous (a daring man), defiant;
  • self willed (self-pleasing, arrogant)
  • are not afraid to speak evil (redicule and blaspheme) of dignities (the majesty, glory, of angels), probably wicked angels-demons and satan;
  • are natural brute (destitute of reason)beasts in their understanding, creatures of instinct as wild animals;
  • will perish in their own corruption, killed like beasts
  • are dominated by lust and greed-live constantly for luxury and sensuality;
[from verses 10-12]

LET IT GO

Be humble, kind, sharing and caring.

Make sure I teach the Truth so I am not a false teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment