Friday, June 15, 2012

Blueberry Cheesecake Tops the Cake

542.  "Blueberry Cheesecake Tops the Cake"       June 15, 2012
1 Peter 1-Part 2
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.
1 Peter 1:3-4


LET IT GLOW

I recall having several special birthdays growing up-sharing with friends, family, extended family. I even remember the desserts I had on that day-strawberry shortcake, a doll cake, homemade banana ice cream, but Sunday morning's topped the cake. My sister inlaw had made cherry and blueberry cheesecakes the day before, so she offered me my pick for breakfast. Yes, the blueberrry was scrumpuous-it topped the cake (one of my favorite desserts). My brother inlaw even cooked breakfast in my place at our reunion weekend. No dishes to do, since we were all packing up to leave for home and other places. It couldn't have been nicer, you guys are the best! (My secret sis had me a beautiful cake waiting for me at church, too.) Peter gives us some things that top the cake, so to speak. Let's look...

  • a wonderful salvation provided for us through God  and Father of our Lord Jesus;
  • in His great mercy God has given us new birth, which gives a reason to praise Him;
  • we have a living hope (confident expectation) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead; a gift of grace which gives joy;
  • this new birth, which merits our praising God, is called our inheritance; when persecuted, we can look past our troubles and toward an eternal inheritance; a heavenly inheritance with Christ, rewards, life, reighteousness, joy, peace, perfection; where it can't get any better-tops the cake;
  • it's an incorruptible, undefiled, and unfading inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade; where no spot of dirt or pollution is; where jewels, diamonds, and gold never wear away;
  • reserved in heaven for you; the ticket has been bought, a seat reserved at the table, a place where we will praise God our Father and our glorious Savior forever.
What can top the cake? Has Jesus been working to prepare a mansion for you and me!

LET IT GROW

I think this priceless inheritance, plus seeing the grandeur of heaven, and our awesome Savior who died in my place will be reason enough for me to praise God and His Son.

Blessed (eulogeious in Greek) is the word we get "eulogy" which means to be well spoken of or to be praised.

Shouldn't God be praised by all believers everywhere, including church? Do I bless His holy name during the day? Do I thank Him for salvation, blessings, gifts He gives to me daily?
Heaven will be better than blueberry cheesecake!

LET IT GO

Sing His praises!

Bless that wonderful name of Jesus!

Worship and adore the Holy One, the Living One!

No comments:

Post a Comment