Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Will I?

1 Timothy 1-Part 10 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen
1 Timothy 1:17


LET IT GLOW

After finishing this lesson, I did some soul searching. I need to from time to time. How about you? Only God is listening.
Can I ever praise God too much? Can I have too much of a gratetful heart? Do I go overboard singing His praises? Do I give thanks to Jesus throughout the day? Does my life please Him? Am I honoring my Savior in all I do? Do I give Him the glory when I do anything? Do I listen to the Holy Spirit? Do I obey His commands and leading? Maybe these questions should begin with will I...

Will I praise God today? Will I let my heart be full of gratitude? Will I sing songs of praise to my Savior all day long? Will I say thank You for each of His provisions? Will I give Him honor, first place in my thoughts, words, actions, and deeds? Will I give the glory to Jesus?
Will I ?

Paul couldn't think of how bad he was, how great the salvation of God was, and how great the love of God was, without simply breaking into spontaneous praise. (Can I do any less?) This outburst of praise shows that Paul both knew God and that he loved God.

What are the characteristics of God that Paul mentions?
  1. God is the King eternal. He rules and reigns with complete power and glory. He is ruler of the universe and eternity. He is without days, or end of life, or change of time. Daniel 7:9 calls Him "the Ancient of days."  Deuteronomy 33:27a states, "The eternal God is thy refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms."
  2. God is immortal. He existed before anything else existed. Only He has immortality, for He cannot die. He is the Creator of all things. He is immuned from decay and corruption. Isaiah 40:28 says, "Hast thou not known? Has thou not heard, that the everlasting God the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding."
  3. God is invisible. Our mortal eyes can't behold Him, but our soul can. He dwells in the light to which no man can apporach, whom no man has seen nor can see. Believers can view the splendid glory of God residing in the person of Jesus (2 Cor. 4:6, John 1:14).
  4. God alone is wise. He is God and we are not. We think our plans and insights are so important, but only God really knows and understands all things. We can't completely figure out God, nor know all His secrets. 
 [Resources: Matthew Henry's Commentary, David Guzik's Commentaries on the Bible, Shepherd's
                   Notes]

I tell you one think, it is amazing that this eternal, immortal, invisible, and all wise God would love me, save me, never leave me, converse with me, and give me an eternal home with Him. Now that's amazing love!
Amazing love, how can it be, that You my King should die for me?


LET IT GROW

Knowing all this about God, Paul couldn't stop praising Him. Paul gives honor and glory to his King. How often is He to be praised? For ever and ever.

Is it my joy to honor my God in all I do?

David wrote may pslams of praise to his Lord.  I encourage you to read Psalm 136 because His mercy endures forever. I wonder if we could write our own,  praising Him for all He has done throughout our life.
I certainly could.


LET IT GO

Praise my God for who He is and thank Him for all He has done for me and my family. Rejoice in what He is going to do. Let's sing praises to our King Jesus today, friends, throughout our nation and world.

Glory and honor to God forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment