Thursday, August 18, 2011

Who am I?

327.  "Who am I?"                               August 18, 2011

1 Timothy 2-Part 5
Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.    1 Timothy 2:7



LET IT GLOW

Who am I? Various people know me as a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, friend, teacher, and a pastor's wife. Most importantly, I want to be known as a Christian, representing my Savior Jesus Christ.
Who are you known as?

Paul is a messenger of God, called and ordained to take the gospel to lost sinners.
He identifies himself as:
* a preacher- The Greek word derives from the verb that means, "to herald," "to proclaim," or "to speak
                       publicly." Paul was a public herald proclaiming the gospel of Christ.
*an apostle-It is one sent with a special commission.
*a teacher-He was a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth (verity). He was encouraging the Ephesians to
                   pray for the Gentiles to be saved.
[Resource: MacArthur Blble Commentary]

Am I sharing the good news of Jesus with others as I should? Am I teaching the truth?


LET IT GROW

In this verse, Paul said, I speak the truth and lie not.
We know Paul's message was true-Jesus died on a cross for our sins and rose from the dead, and is interceeding for us at the right hand of God.
"Through Paul, God reached out to the pagan world which his fellow Jews had excluded from the covenant
 community," states Shepherd's Notes.


LET IT GO

Teach and share the truth about Jesus.

Be obedient to His will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment