Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks Giving

NOVEMBER 25, 2010     "THANKS GIVING"

Today is Thanksgiving in America. I'm taking time away from Romans to spend it with family and the Lord.
For what am I thankful ?
First, life provided by God. If my dad had not been kept alive during WWII, when he stepped on a mine in France, I would not be here. (He only lost a leg.)
Second, breath. God kept my heart beating and restored my breath after surgery in 2001.
Third, salvation, grace, mercy, the Bible, and eternal life, which all come from Jesus Christ.
Fourth, my husband of 38 years today. Happy anniversary, dear! He is a Christian and has served God for 30 years in the pastorate.
Fifth, my children, grandchildren, friends, church family, extended families, you faithful sisters, my country; the list can go on.
It all comes as blesssings from my God.

Psalm 100 says:
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Have a wonderful day, ya'll and count your blessings. I know I will.
Be back on Monday with Romans 14.

In Christ's love,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment