Friday, November 19, 2010

Beautiful Feet

Romans 10
How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!  Romans 10:15b


LET IT GLOW

Before our family reunion last June, my sisters-inlaw got a pedicure. Their feet were beautifully groomed with painted toenails. You know they wore sandals to the reunion. I myself couldn't justify spending the money to obtain that look, so I filed and painted my toenails and sanded of rough spots myself. Of course, I wore sandals, too, but my feet didn't seem as beautiful as theirs.

However, the key verse says my feet are beautiful. It's because I share the gospel and bring good tidings. Now that's encouraging. Hey, I had beautiful feet without paying the high price gals.( smile)

Jerry Falwell says,"The feet of a gospel messenger are beautiful things to those who believe the message and place their faith in the Lord Jesus. They become new creations in Christ Jesus. This may happen to any man who hears the gospel and believes. (May I add, woman too?)

There we have it. Do you want  beautiful feet? Join our "beautiful feet group" by sharing the gospel and glad tidings.


LET IT GROW

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (verse 13)
(The whosoever is in reference to the Jews and Greeks, but all sinners are advised to call, too.)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (verse 9)

We confess "Jesus is Lord." We must believe in our heart that God has raised Him from the dead.
Confession with the mouth is evidence of genuine faith in the heart. Jerry Falwell

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(verse 10)

These are good verses to use in witnessing to a lost person. I just remember it's Romans chapter 10, find it, and my Bible is highlighted, so I read it.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (verse 11)
(Hearing the word is first.)


LET IT GO

Share the gospel of peace and glad tidings of good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment