Friday, January 28, 2011

Summary of Galatians

Summary of Galatians

Paul was in Anitoch when he wrote the first of 13 letters, which make up the majority of our New Testament.
He and Barnabas had evangelized the region while on their first missionary journey.


As I reviewed this book, I first had to look for the quote by Jerry Falwell in his book, Liberty Bible Commentary: "Paul sets forth grace as opposed to law, faith as opposed to works, and spirit as opposed to flesh."

Yes, Falwell summed it up-grace, faith, spirit, not law, works, flesh. I know throughout my Christian years, I've been guilty of focusing on the latter instead of the first list. My focus should be on Jesus and His teachings, then I won't have that problem.

Here are some verses that are the golden nuggets in my Bible. Do you have any others you'd like to share?

1:10-"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should
          not be the servant of Christ."
1:15-"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace."
2:16-"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we
          have believed in Jesus Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no
          flesh be justified."
2:20- "I am crucified with Christ' nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now
          live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
3:11-"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, 'The just shall live by faith.' "
3:13a-"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law..."
3:26-"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
4:6-  "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba,
          Father."
5:1-  "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with
          the yoke of bondage."
5:6-  "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcisiion; but faith which worketh
          by love."
5:13- "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use no liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by
          love serve one another."
5:16- "This I say the, 'Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh."
5:22-25-"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness,
               temperance; against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the
               affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
6:2-  "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ."
6:7-  "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

There we have it folks, a lot of good promises and directions wrapped up in only six chapters.

LET IT GO

Live by grace, faith, and the Spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment