Thursday, May 27, 2010

Touching Jesus, Jesus' Touch

Matthew 9
For she said within herself, If I may but touch his (Jesus) garment, I
shall be whole. (verse 21)

LET IT GLOW

For 12 long years this bashful woman endured with an issue of
blood. She thought to herself that she could get a cure without anyone
knowing by simply touching the hem of Jesus' garment.

However, Jesus reads her secret thoughts and sees her need. How
surprised this woman must have been when Jesus spoke to her, much
less healed her!

We're told in this chapter that Jesus healed five others-man with palsy,
ruler's daughter, 2 blind men, and a man possessed of a devil.

Does my faith touch Jesus?

Ps. 53:2 says,"God looked down from heaven upon the children of men,
to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God."

LET IT GROW

Jesus didn't ask the two blind men if they could pay for a cure or if their
status in town merited a cure. Instead, He asked if they believed He was
able to heal them.

Hebrews 11:6 says,"But without faith it is impossible to please Him
(God).

After answering yes, Jesus touched their eyes and said,"According to
your faith be it unto you."

According to Websters Dictionary, faith is belief without proof.

LET IT GO

Once when I was praying about a physical need, Jesus told me that it
wouldn't be faith if I knew the outcome. So now I have to trust the
outcome of any situation to Him. He knows best. (I fall short so many
times.)

Do I have enough faith for Jesus to tell me,"According to Linda's faith,
be it unto her?"

No comments:

Post a Comment