Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prove It

Matthew Chapter 4

LET IT GLOW

Three times the devil tempted Jesus to prove He was God's Son.
Jesus resisted the devil by quoting scriptures. He said that man lives
(meaning spiritually) by God's Word; we don't challenge God to prove
Himself; we worship and serve only God. We have a Savior Who
knows what it is like to be tempted to sin, yet He didn't yield and sin.

LET IT GROW

When Jesus called Peter, Andrew, James, and John to follow Him, they
immediately obeyed Jesus.

In Luke 9:23-24, Jesus said,"If any man will come after me, let him deny
himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will
save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the
same shall save it."

Leaving home, family, and friends was very hard to do whenever Jesus
required it. (My husband and I went to college and into the ministry.) We
had to deny ourselves of our wants and follow Jesus' wants. But,
the rewards were a hundredfold as in Mark 10:30-31.

LET IT GO

Lord, help me to recognize what tempts me to sin and resist it.
James 4:7 says,"Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
I want a heart willing  to follow You Jesus wherever You lead.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome ladies,

    I am so glad to have Grace & Peace and Kris in Illinois from Wendy's blog visit me. Thank you for your encouraging words. Since this is all new, please be sure to say a prayer for me, as I felt the Lord wants me to do it.

    I enjoy your comments, G & P on Wendy's site.

    It sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead, Kris.

    An explanation of glow, grow, and go has been added to my blog if you wish to read it.(See May 17)

    Lord bless you both,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete