Monday, May 31, 2010

Rest, Sweet Rest

Matthew 11

LET IT GLOW

John the Baptist heard about what Jesus was doing-healing, miracles.
John was in prison, doubting. So he sent 2 disciples to ask Jesus if He
was The Promised Messiah. Did John expect a pastoral visit? Did he
want to be broke out of jail or something? (We know what happens
to poor John; he gets his head cut off and served on a platter. How
awful.) Seriously, I often doubt when trials try my faith.

"And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me." Matt.10:6

Jesus' answer was to tell John what  miracles, which only God could
perform, the men heard and saw. Happy are those who accept God's
will for their lives. They praise, honor, and glorify Him. They don't turn
away, against, or become bitter because of His will for their lives..

The NLT version says,"God blesses those who do not turn away
because of me." (verse 6)

William Beck's The New Testament In The Language of Today says,
"Happy is anyone who doesn't turn against Me." (verse 6)

I haven't denied Christ, but I wasted days going my own way. Those were
days I turned away from Jesus. Too busy to read a scripture or pray. I
can't get them back and neither can  you. But grace abounds; He is faithful. I'm so
happy that He doesn't turn away from me.

LET IT GROW

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will
give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am
meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Matt. 11:28-30

Do I need rest for my soul? Do the battles weary me? Yes and yes.
Jesus invites all to come to Him.
He will give rest.
He will share the load (burden).
He is the Ultimate Teacher and will teach.
He is meek and lowly, not proud.
His spirit will comfort and help.

As a pair of  oxen shared the load with each other, so does Jesus
for me.

LET IT GO

Come to Jesus and don't turn away from Him, that's my application.

Sorry this was lengthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment