Monday, May 24, 2010

Seek What?

Matthew 6

But Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all
these things shall be added unto you.

LET IT GLOW

As I seek (pursue, desire) God first, making Him the most important
thing in my life and thoughts, and do things the right way, then all my
needs will be met by Him. We see God clothing the field with grass and
flowers and feeding and watering the birds. He promises to do the same
for me.What a promise!

Verse 32 says the Heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these
things. It is comforting to know that God knows just what I need. I can
trust His judgement as to when and how He provides.

LET IT GROW

How do I give, pray, and fast in a way pleasing to God?
Jesus said (3 times) to do them secretly so only God sees and He will
reward me.

How do I pray? The Lord's prayer says to:
1) praise God in His greatness and glory
2) recognize Him as Sovereign Savior, as His kingdom (heaven) comes
3) pray the King's will to be done
4) ask forgiveness for my sins as I forgive others, grace
5) seek help to never return again to folly and not be tempted to do it
6) ask for deliverance from the devil's assults and not be overcome by
    those assults
7)  declare God as The King, all powerful, glorious, and forever eternal.     
    [above ideas are from Matthew Henry's Commentary]

LET IT GO

Seek God first, ask forgiveness for my sins, trust Him to meet my needs,
give, pray, and fast for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment