Wednesday, May 26, 2010

O Me of Little Faith

Matthew 8  
Verse 26: And he (Jesus) saith unto them, "Why are ye fearful, O ye of
little faith?" Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there
was a great calm.

LET IT GLOW

When He was asked to heal people, Jesus replied, "I will." He healed
the leper, the centurion's servant, and Peter's mother inlaw. Jesus
fulfilled Isaiah 53:45 where He "Himself took our infirmities and bare
our sicknesses."

By His death on the cross, Jesus took my sins upon Himself and took
away my sickness by the miracles of His life. [Matthew Henry]
Such great compassion and love He showed me.

LET IT GROW

Jesus was asleep in the ship with the disciples when a great storm came
up. How bad was it? The disciples thought they would die in this storm.
He could have prevented it, but then Jesus would not have received
glory and the disciples would not have experienced Him as their
deliverer, the God of nature. Before Jesus calmed the winds and the sea,
 He said, "Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?"

If the disciples doubted, where does that leave me?

When the storms come into my life, I, too, cry out,"Lord, deliver me from
this!" instead of having faith and trust Jesus to see me through it. This
storm is for my good and His glory. Easy to say, hard to apply.

Romans 8:28 says,"And we know that all things work together for good
to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his
 purpose."

LET IT GO

O me of little faith. Yes Sir, I'm guilty. What do You have for me to learn
from this storm? I want to see beyond the wind and the waves, and trust
Jesus to see me through, for His glory and my good. When He is there
with me in the middle of the storm, there will be peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment