Monday, June 10, 2024

Need Evidence?

N.T.#323 "Need Evidence?"

June 10, 2024 

Matthew 28-Part 6

LET IT GLOW 

Do you need evidence in order to believe in Jesus as the Risen Savior? 

The Good News is that there is a Savior who provides a way for us to reach heaven after we die-Jesus Christ. It is through faith in Jesus that we sinners can be forgiven and be delivered from the penalty of our sins. We believe Jesus is God's Son, who lived a sinless life, who became the Perfect Lamb of God that takes away our sins. He shed His bood because Jesus loves us so much. He arose from the dead to prove all of this. 

The resurrection ministry of Lord Jesus was accompanied by unmistakable signs and He appeared to many people after His resurrection:

  • Mary Magdalene and other women at the tomb. (verses 9-10)
  • Followers on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:14-32)
  • Peter (Luke 24:34)
  • Ten of 11 disciples (John 20:19-25)
  • Eleven disciples, including Thomas (John 20:26-29)
  • Seven disciples by Sea of Galilee shore (John 21:1-23)
  • Eleven disciples on mountain in Galilee (Matt. 28:16-20)
  • Five hundred at one time (1 Cor. 15:6)
  • James, half brother of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:6)
  • Apostles when He ascended into heaven (Acts 1:3-11)
  • Paul after His ascension in Acts 9.
What evidence!

LET IT GROW 

Those mentioned above were eye witnesses of the Risen Lord within a week of His resurrection. (1 Cor. 15:3-7)

Probably, Jesus had in mind a wider circle of disciples than just the eleven. He gave them a special message in the rest of this chapter.

Let's not overlook verse 17: And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted.

Doubted may mean hesitated. 

Matthew understood the hesitation of the Jewish community to recognize Jesus as the Risen Messiah. He, too, was a Jew who hesitated to become a Christian.

Are you hesitating? Are others around you hesitating in coming to Jesus? Will we help persuade them?

LET IT GO 

I serve a Risen Savior, He's in the world today.

I know that He is with me, no matter what men may say.

I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer.

And just the time I need Him, He is always near.

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. Salvation to impart. You ask me how I know He lives, He lives within my heart.

Jesus lives!

2 comments:

  1. The song in let it go was a favorite of my mother's. We sang it often in church. I still will often sing it.

    Thank you.
    Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet a memory for you. We used to sing it at Easter at our previous church. Have a blessed day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete