June 28, 2018
Psalm 42-Part 2
LET IT GLOW
Nine questions are within this psalm:
- When can I go and stand before Him? (verse 2) The Levitical singers had been shut out of the sanctuary of God, the place where communion with God took place (in O. T. days).
- Where is this God of yours? ( verse 3) Enemies questioned the existence of God.
- Why am I discouraged?(verse 5) His soul has been brought low.
- Why is my heart so sad? (verse 5) His dejection has a remedy-praising God.
- Why have you forgotten me?(verse 9) God never forgets His children, even when circumstances appears so.
- Why must I wonder around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?(verse 9) Turn to God in times of oppression.
- Where is this God of yours? (verse 10) He never leaves us.
- Why am I discouraged?(verse 11) He is questioning himself.
- Why is my heart so sad?
It is normal to down and question God. But, God is always faithful, never leaves us, and delivers us in His own time. We are His chosen, not forsaken.
LET IT GROW
Verse 11 shows us the writer knows the answers to his "why's. "
Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Is God our hope? Paul says so in Romans 5:3-5. It is because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been give to us.
LET IT GO
...of why's and cast my cares upon Jesus, for He loves me.
... of sufferings so they produce endurance, character, and hope.