Friday, June 8, 2018

Commit by Rolling it Off

O. T. #1219 "Commit by Rolling it Off"
June 8, 2018
Psalm 37-Part 3
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgments as the noonday.  Psalm 37:5-6

LET IT GLOW 

I can't count the number of times I have looked for my ink pen on my desk that I use during my study time, only to find it has rolled off my desk onto the floor. It is a simple illustration for me, but I am to roll off my worries onto Jesus in the same way. The pen doesn't do anything as it sits there on the floor. So when I commit a specific worry to Jesus, then I am to do nothing about it. Allow Him do what He will with it.

Your relationship with God ought to bring you more joy, satisfaction, and pleasure than any other relationship, activity, or material possession you have. ( Blackaby)

What is David continuing to tell us to do?

  • Commit our way unto the Lord. 
  • Trust in Him. 

To have peace and understanding, we must cast ourselves and our lives unreservedly upon God, yield ourselves wholly to Him, and cultivate the habit of placing our lives in His hands. There can be no better medicine to dispel envy and fretting. (Falwell)


Commit means to roll; roll away, roll down, roll together; trust. 

We must roll it, whatever it is, off ourself and onto Jesus, as He pleases to handle it. Peter tells us to cast our cares upon the Lord for He cares for us. All is well that God does.

Are we entrusting everything in our lives, family, job, possessions, soul, to God's control and guidance?
Do we believe He can care for us better than we can?


LET IT GLOW 

God will bring it to pass. What is it? Whatever you are entrusting Him with.
God is going to make things right ultimately. Our righteous living will be brought to light.

Isn't God powerful enough to take care of our reputation?; to bring us out of difficulties with credit, comfort, and honor?

If we take care to keep a good conscience, we may leave it to God to take care of our good name. (Matthew Henry)


LET IT GO

                     ... of fretting and worrying.
                                ... and commit my way unto the Lord.
                                ... and trust in Jesus.
                                ... and place my life in His hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment