Thursday, April 5, 2018

Path of Life

O. T. #1183  "Path of Life"
April 5, 2018
Psalms 16

LET IT GLOW

This path of life on which I am traveling leads me to come in contact with many diverse people. Some are Christians and some are not. Am I showing them a life with Christ is a joyful one so they want to come to Christ? Join me as we see what David has to say about this.

This Psalm is known as a Michtam of David, the Golden Psalm, which is one of six he wrote that are of this type. It is a Messianic Psalm that reveals the mystery of the resurrection of Christ. Also, it is described as a doctrinal and spiritual truth that is a mystery, thus called the Golden Mystery.

There are three different names of God, according to David Jeremiah:
Elohim (the powerful creator God), Yahweh (the covenant giving God),and Adonai (the Lord and Master of life). David saw in all these names the personal presence of God in his life.

Jerry Falwell said David appealed to God, like body-guards surround a king and shepherds protect their flocks, whose name is El (the Omnipotent One), the Preserver of Men (Job 7:20), and our Mediator (the Lord Jesus Christ).   We are promised preservation in Isaiah 49:7-8. David is trusting in this God.

What else has David said about God?
  • David puts his trust in God. (verse 1)
  • My goodness (happiness) extendeth (besides or beyond) not to Thee. In other words, God is his Master, so every good thing David has comes from God. David's well-being is entirely dependent on God.(verse 2)
  • The godly people in the land are true heroes. David takes pleasure in them. As this psalm is a reflection of Christ, then His happiness would be as Christ fellowshipped with His people on earth. (verse 3)
  • Also, to the excellent (powerful, glorious, mighty) God, in whom is all his delight. (verse 3b)
  • God is his inheritance and cup of blessing. (verse 5)
  • Thou maintains my lot (circumstances, or the place God has put a person). (verse 5)
  • The land You have given me is pleasant and a wonderful inheritance. (verse 6)
  • David blesses the Lord who guides him and instructs him. (verse 7)
  • God is always set before me. You are always with me, so David says he will not be shaken, moved, for God is right beside me. (verse 8)
  • You make my heart glad, I rejoice, and my body rests in safety. (verse 9)
  • God will not leave my soul in the grave. Jesus resurrected after his death, providing for our soul to join Him in heaven. (verse 10)
Are we happy where God has placed us? Does our happiness come from God? Do we recognize our blessings and thank God for them?
God will bring us to life again to live with Him forever. Our soul does not stay in the grave. Later on, our body will be resurrected to join our soul. It will fly in the sky.

In John 14:19b, Jesus tells us, because I live, ye shall live also.

LET IT GROW

Look at verse 11: Thou wilt show me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy: for at Thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

Is God showing us the way of life? Are we traveling on the path He has for us? If we have stayed, He will get us back on the right path, if we only ask. So many times I have strayed off that path, but He continues to love me and show mercy. You too can experience a second chance, third chance...
Is there joy in His presence?
Are we looking forward to living with Him forever?
Can I get a shout "Hallelujah!"?

LET IT GO

Jesus, You are worth all the honor and praise.
Thank You for the salvation You provided for me.
Your presence overwhelms my soul.
Help me to be content where I am and with my life situation, honoring You.
Lead me along Your path for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment