May 10, 2017
2 Chronicles 26
LET IT GLOW
Uzziah was third of the four good kings of Judah who reigned during 137 years.
What do we know about him?
- He was 16 when Uzziah, also called Azariah, replaced his father who was killed, and reigned 52 years.
- His mother was Jecoliah from Jerusalem.
- King Uzziah did what was pleasing in the sight of the LORD, as his father had done.
- During his reign, these ministered the Words from God-Hosea, Amos, Jonah, and Isaiah.
- Zechariah was an unknown prophet; he was not the priestly spokesman or the prophet who wrote the prophetic book of Judah. (MacArthur)
He went from victory to victory.
Sought has various meanings in the Hebrew language: to frequent, to ask, to worship, inquire, make inquisition, question, search.
Isn't that the key for us as we strive to live the Christian life-seek the Lord our God. He has a daily agenda for us in kingdom work if we will only seek and surrender to it. Then His peace that passeth all understanding will fill us as we obey.
Isaiah 55:6 instructs us to Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near.
LET IT GROW
MacArthur gives us a summary of the realm of Uzziah's prosperity:
- conquering the Philistines (verses 6-8);
- domestic affairs (verses 9-10);
- military might (verses 1-15).
Do we use our money to help others? Or are we selfish with it?
What a beautiful story, yet it goes south when the king does only one disobedient thing in God's sight. We will touch on it next time.
LET IT GO
Always seek the Lord God.
Obey His commands and ways.
Keep loving those around us as our mission field.