Monday, April 4, 2011

Who am I?

Colossians 2-Part 4
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.  Colossians 2:9-10


LET IT GLOW

As my extended family got together for a dinner following my aunt's memorial, I ask,"Who am I?" Well the answer is: a neice, a cousin, a daughter, a mother, a wife, a friend. Most importantly the attribute I would add to the list would be Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. Who are you? Who is Jesus? Paul explained in this chapter.

All attributes and deity are in Christ. Nowhere else are they found. Jesus was God and man. He had two natures. All we need is in Christ (1Cor.1:30). He is our source of grace and truth. We show no other allegiance to anyone else and we submit to no other authority. Christ is the Head; the source of life; sovereign over life. Liberty Bible Commentary

Yes, that's who He is. Of course, we could add Savior, King, Redeemer, Messiah, Lamb of God, my sacrifice, Almighty God.
Do I know who I am? I'm a child of the gracious and merciful God. Are you?
I am complete in Christ. The scripture says I am, so why do I not act like it?


LET IT GROW

Read verses 11-13 and find out who we are in Christ:
  • circumcised without hands (verse 11)
  • have sins of the body put off (verse 11)
  • buried with Him in baptism (verse 12)
  • raised with Him through faith (verse 12)
  • dead in our sins (verse 12)
  • quickened of all our trespasses (verse 13).
It's all because of the love of Jesus Christ, I'm alive and all of these things above. Easter is only two weeks away, but we can celebrate our risen Lord today!


LET IT GO

Know who I am in Christ and let go of the old sinner that I was before I met Him.

Be a new person, raised from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment