Friday, September 3, 2010

Lifted Up

John 12
And I, if  I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
John 12:32

LET IT GLOW

The same(Greeks) came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of
Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. 
John 12:21

Philip, a disciple of Jesus', was apparently from the same area of these Greeks.
Perhaps they thought knowing someone on the "inside" would get them a
front seat to hear Jesus. Why did they want to see Jesus? Was it so they
could return home and brag about it? Did they want to have a conversation
with Jesus? Did they want to be taught by Him? Scripture doesn't tell us.

It wasn't enough to see Jesus, but they (Greeks) must serve Him. (verse 26)
Do I desire to see, be with, Jesus? Do I communicate with Him? Jesus tells
us to die to self and the world, then follow and serve Him, in verses 25-26.

We hear Jesus communing with God His Father in verse 28, so it shows us
that talking with God is important. How often do I?


LET IT GROW

Verse 32 says,"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto
me."

Jesus desired to draw both Jews and Gentiles to Him. He was lifted up, up on
a cross as The Savior. He doesn't force us to come, but wants us  willingly to
come to Him.
Do I lift up Christ, glorifying Him in all I say and do? After all, He died in my place.
Do I make Him first in my life? These are things I need to work on, for sure.


LET IT GO

Lift up Christ with honor and praise.

Serve Him and give Him first place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment