Monday, May 24, 2021

A Hope, Rock, and Fortress in This World"

O. T. #1947  "A Hope, Rock, and Fortress in This World"

May 24, 2021

Ezekiel 46-Part 2

LET IT GLOW

Friend, are you in need of hope today? Could you use a strong refuge? In looking at Psalm 71 for encouragement today, David gives us a cup overflowing. He makes all that the Lord God does personal to him (and us). Can we say the same? God is:

  • my rock and my fortress (verse 3)
  • my God (verse 4)
  • my hope and my trust (verse 5)
  • my praise (verse 6)
  • my strong refuge. (verse 7)

When we feel like we are sinking in this sin-filled world, God is a Rock that we can stand on and not sink into sin. If we feel like hope is gone in this hopeless world, that is when we must allow God to fill us with His Hope. When we are attacked and need fortress to run to, then run to God, our Fortress, who surrounds us with His love.

LET IT GROW

You know, we have been learning about the way of new worship that will occur during the Millennial reign of Christ when He returns to earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. The prince, resurrected King David, will lead God's people under the lordship of the Messiah. In the New Temple, Jewish animal sacrifice practices will take place. They will remind the people of what Jesus has done for all. There will be priests serving the Lord in the Temple.

  • The prince will make a freewill offering, not at a set time, but when he wants to express his love for God. (verse 12)
  • The daily sacrifices will occur as a reminder of their relationship to God and will give them an opportunity to express their devotion. (verses 13-15)
  • Then the new land of Israel will be governed by the ancient law of the Year of Jubilee. (Lev. 25) Every 50 years, land possession will revert back to the original owner or family. Even the land given to the servants of the prince will be reverted back to him. His sons will keep the land that the prince gives them for an inheritance.

Land is not theirs, nor ours now, but it belongs to the Lord. We are all the lessees.  (Taylor)

I have said before that we are selling my family farm. It was a very difficult decision for my family to make. As I see it, the Lord made this ground and my parents used it to make a living. They chose to give it to me, and now the Lord said to move, go, so that is what I am doing. It is as a sacrifice unto God for the benefit of those who have houses to live in here in the future. I know they will enjoy it like I have. (After all, one day I will leave this place and go onto heaven. Sooner or later I will not be living here.) Guess it is a faith-walk, seeking where God has for us to live next as we serve Him. Yep, this country road of faith will lead us to the next stop in the next season of life. We are looking forward and not back. God is my strength and fortress, so I tell myself that I can do this.

How about you? Are you walking by faith today? Are you being obedient to God as He leads you in kingdom work?

LET IT GO

Thank You Jesus for leaving heaven to die for me a sinner.

You are my hope.

I trust in You today.

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. (Hebrews 6:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment