Wednesday, June 19, 2019

When Plans Change

O. T. #1466  "When Plans Change"
June 19, 2019
Proverbs 16
Commit thy ways unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3

LET IT GLOW

I don't know about you, but I like to have a plan for the week, even daily, as to my activities. And it is hard for me when those plans are interrupted. For instance, I have a family reunion, which is hosted at our church's facilities and needs decorated, and a house to clean and pies to bake  before our daughter and family arrive. Yet, in the last two weeks, I have gone on a one-day business trip and a funeral with my husband, helped him pack for a mission trip, and was sick in bed for a day, as well as have an unexpected evening obligation pop up. Now that has offset my plans. Well, well, in the scope of importance of things, maybe some can be erased from my to do list. Could it be that my plans are not what God had for me each day? I am learning to say yes to the needs of others.

Look at verses 1-3, where we learn from The New Living Translation:
  • We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer. (verse 1) Man proposes, but God disposes. Man doesn't direct his steps, according to Jeremiah 10:23.
  • People may be pure in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their motives. (verse 2) God weighs our moral character of every action, and ultimately every action must be submitted to His judgment. (Falwell)
  • Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed. (verse 3)
In the Hebrew language, commit means roll.

Literally, the challenge is to roll something on someone or entrust it wholly to him. (Falwell)

We just roll our plans over on the Lord Jesus and He will take charge. Roll them on Him and rest in His best. Let Him lead us today.

You know, I probably did more good during those unexpected interruptions in ministering to others than what I could have done at home working my little agenda. Are you with me?
If only I could remember that lesson.

LET IT GROW

Do we give in and give up to what God has planned for us this week or today? Is our life and living for His glory or for our selfish self? Ouch!

Are we trusting God as if everything depended on Him, while working as if everything depended on us?

LET IT GO

I commit my ways to You, Jesus.
Direct my thoughts and steps today, Jesus.
Your ways and thoughts are higher than mine.
I will trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment